9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about doing a vinyl wrap on the roof and possibly trunk of my orange '13 si sedan. I cant decide between glossy black or carbon fiber or a combo of both. Definitely want glossy black on the roof but maybe a CF spoiler or part of the trunk in glossy black. Any reccomendations? IMG_1135 [513797].jpg

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm thinking about doing a vinyl wrap on the roof and possibly trunk of my orange '13 si sedan. I cant decide between glossy black or carbon fiber or a combo of both. Definitely want glossy black on the roof but maybe a CF spoiler or part of the trunk in glossy black. Any reccomendations?
I like to keep things understated and possibly mistaken for a factory package, so I'd go with glossy black on the roof. Not sure it would look good on the spoiler.

Also, IMO, I'd remove the black "protective" tape or whatever you call that that you have put on your wheel wells (is this a truck?) and door frames (the body lines of the door frame are not a visual feature, why call attention to them??) Kinda looks like someone's idea of accessorizing was to raid the cheap plastic crap aisle at Autozone. Simple solution, remove :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
personally...you have a color that is only available on the Si models...and even so, it's still a rare color. i wouldn't cover it up with vinyl.

if you are adamant about doing something...stick to the roof...it'd blend in with the sunroof better...and leave the boot & wing alone!

you asked...

p.s. - i would also vote for the removal of the plastic trim around the arches and door edges as well.

Reactions: P1RAT3

·
Registered
376 Posts
i have those plastic things on my car and it saves me a few dents here and there. i even went back to the dealership to make them put new ones on when they started to peel off. lol.

but i kinda agree it looks funny how it contrasts the paint. i have CBP so you cant even really see them.

If youre gonna go CF do real CF. glossy black on the roof is a good idea though.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I say go for the roof overlay. Mostly because I also have a SOP 2013 sedan and want to live vicariously through you...and I'm also on the fence on doing my own roof

·
Registered
81 Posts
The roof in black might be nice, idk how the trunk would look with the wing on there. unless you plan on covering the wing too, which i imagine would just look like u replaced the trunk with a black one you found at a salvage yard or something.

Carbon fiber, unless its actual carbon fiber, can be tacky. The trunk or the hood in gloss black would probably just look like you got in an accident and replaced the original part with a black part because you were too cheap to get it painted and can get away with black.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,401 Posts
I have seen a coupe with carbon fiber wrap on the roof, and it looked pretty darn good. The rest of the car was nicely laid out, as well - understated and elegant.

·
Registered
433 Posts
1. Gloss black on the roof only. If you do more than that you will achieve ricer status.
2. Don't do Carbon fiber because it's fake and everyone will know it's fake. Yes, the CF on your dash is fake too but it's factory so it (kinda) gets a pass.
3. Remove the black crap from your door edges and wheel wells. (I really hope you didn't pay extra for that!) Costs dealers next to nothing to apply and then they charge you $$$$$$.

Reactions: stilletto

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put CF wrap on my hood to stop all the chips I have been getting from freeway driving . I will be redoing it this summer when it gets warm again . Would also like to do the top but not to sure how to do around the sunroof yet. This is my first time ever trying this!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts