9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:icon_wave:Hello everyone !

I got my Civic a couple of months ago, and I wanna change the hubcaps of it these days.

After looking for hundreds of hubcaps on ebay, I'm really confused about the colour.

The thing is, my Civic is brown, but I can't determine which colour of hubcaps fit my brown Civic.

Anyone has some suggestions ?

Thanks a lot for replying me !

I appreciate that :icon_headfones:

c80b220907634a658b474ddcd6d4ce33.jpg

Also I was wondering, if I buy a new set of hubcaps... which kind (style) of hubcaps fit civic ?:)

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Go to Home Depot and grab two cans of Plasti-Dip spray and go to town on the ones you have. Save your money up for some wheels in the future.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Go to Home Depot and grab two cans of Plasti-Dip spray and go to town on the ones you have. Save your money up for some wheels in the future.

yepppp... jist paintz whutz u gotz home skillet.....

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Personally I think the stock hubcaps look better than if they were plasti dipped, however a lot of people like it better plasti dipped so if you're willing to, then go for it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
i agree Jason but he was hoping for some change and I just don't think spending good cash on more plastic hubcaps is a very good investment. I am kinda frugal though.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
i agree Jason but he was hoping for some change and I just don't think spending good cash on more plastic hubcaps is a very good investment. I am kinda frugal though.
That is very true. If anything, take that money and save it to buying some nice new wheels!

So yea, if you're looking for change these guys are definitely right, plasti dip is where you'll get a change at a minimal price. Post some pics if you do this, it'll help some other members if they're in the process making a similar decision. :)

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
And it peels right off leaving the original plastic all fancy and clean.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If i already have scratched up hubcaps would it be worth just plasti-dipping and holding out until i have to return the car in 2.2 years?

And does plasti-dip scratch at all?

All of the scuffs are from me being an idiot and rubbing against the curb when going into my parking spot with incredibly high curbs..

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
It sprays on like paint but cures to like a plastic wrap material. Will not scratch at all. It is pretty durable and easily peels off if you want to remove it. It will cover minor scratches but major gouges would be noticeable.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Amazon has quite a few 16" wheel covers . they are not too bad and are $30 -$50 bucks or so. check these out View attachment 6027 View attachment 6028 or you could go with the 2007 civic ex factory 16" 5 spokes if you want some new wheels but keep your stock tires. people sell their stock mags all the time and you can usually find good deals 2007-honda-civic-sedan-4-door-at-ex-wheel-cap_100259714_m.jpg used on the forums fs section

·
Registered
190 Posts
I feel like wheel scuffs like pretty bad,
would you guys prefer wheel covers over plasti-dip ? It doesn't look too cheap? (covers, is what im referring to).

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think the general consensus is to plasticote the ones you have and not spend cash on the non oem wheel covers unless you were spending to go to mag wheels

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Hey FreeCandy,
I also was looking for new, better looking caps when I first got my Civic, but am happy I did not. I could not buy rims at that time because my budget was pretty tight. Like you, I searched for hours looking, but everything I liked was either too expensive (with shipping) or did not fit the bolt pattern = 15" - 5 lug nuts with a spacing of 114.3 (?). There seemed to many more options available for 16" wheels. I ended up finding some used Honda CRV rims (1999) locally so no transport to pay. I just sanded them down, primed and painted. They look good as new and I only paid $200 total. Pictures in my profile if you're interested. Good luck. Let us know what you decide to do.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
And speaking of scuffing of the wheels, the rims scuff pretty easily too. lol It's all about being careful. My wheels are 100% scratch free *knock on wood* but I drive and park extremely carefully.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
And speaking of scuffing of the wheels, the rims scuff pretty easily too. lol It's all about being careful. My wheels are 100% scratch free *knock on wood* but I drive and park extremely carefully.
Same here with almost 16,000 miles scuff free so far. Plasti-dip is not bad looking at all and pretty durable. Many people will do their emblems with it. I did it to mine without removing from the car since you can peel the area around and between the emblem so easily. 5 or 6 bucks a can and you need only to prep carefully with a good alcohol wipe down to get best adhesion. Once dry I have even seen people paint it with good results. One to two years life expectancy if you do a decent job and stay away from curbs.

Search youtube for plasti-dip wheels.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
:moved:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts