9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I want to say thanks to all those who helped me choose what car I needed. This is the first vehicle I purchase and I want to know if I got a good deal. The guy wanted to sell me this car for $22,000 and then when asked to drop the price he dropped it to $21,000. I had to show him the Honda.com website with the MSRP price for him to lower it to MSRP price.

Basically this is what I ended up with:

2012 Honda Civic LX coupe

No down payment (except a $450.00 deposit on the GAP)

Vehicle was sold at total MSRP price: $19,225 with OEM Alarm included and some other extras I can't remember.

APR at 0.9% for 60 months

Mo. payments: $388.00 after GAP before GAP $371.00

3 year/36k warranty.

The total for the vehicle was around $22,000 with GAP, state tax, registration, and ect..

Did I mention I bought it from my local Honda Dealer, the only dealer in my town.

I asked the sales man about installing fog lights but he never got back to me. What do you guys think? Honda.com says $325.00 before installation. My local dealer says $605.00. I might not know much about parts but that seems a whole lot for just installing fog lights. Can any one shed some light on this?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Congrats on your car. The $605 quote you received from your dealer sounds about right for the lights and installation. Dealers always charge high prices on installation alone and since the LX bumper has to be cut in order to fit the fog lights, you know they are going to charge more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got my '12 EX for 19,995 w/ 5 yr 100,000 warranty, so really it was 19,000 out the door. ttl etc.

congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I live in Az. Since it's the only Honda dealer in town they try to rip people off by trying to sell over MSRP. They tried to sell it to me at $23,000. Nice price, I wish I could of gone that low but honestly, since they are the only dealer here they tend to not bargain much. To be honest I'm still waiting for my car to arrive; it's almost been a week.

congrats on the LX ... what color is it .. i dont know about your state... but i got mine in MA... manufacture retail is like 19400 or something like that... i got mine for 17800

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They didn't have the vehicle on the lot, they had to obtain it from another Honda dealership.

They threw all sorts of BS at me and contradicted themselves plenty of times. According to them the Si is not even out yet. According to them Honda is not selling any dyno blue vehicles and were having trouble with those colors. When I told them that the website Honda stated that they were almost at %100 production rate the guy threw that out. I asked the guy why they were trying to sell me the LX at $23,000 and if came with extras he responded "it doesn't have extras..." that's when I pulled out my phone and showed him the MSRP... then he went to talk to his "boss". He came back and showed me the extras it came with and I almost literally face palmed myself. Reason I bought the car was the special APR they are holding this week it was not their selling skills. I would of done what I did to them plenty of times before, just got up and walked out.

I still feel like I got ripped off but the APR makes up for it.

What I want to know is why you had to even show him the msrp price from honda.com when its right on the darn window sticker. Have to love those salesmen who play dumb.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Dealer not delivering vehicle

My local dealer is not delivering the vehicle I bought. They told me it would take one to two days on Saturday. It is now the end of Thursday and still no vehicle.

I contacted them yesterday and the guy told me it would be here today, which was not the case.

Any one else experienced this before?

Should I just cancel my purchase and just get another vehicle from a dealer that's out of town?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a dealer tell me it would come in 2 weeks. I waited 2 weeks and then still no car. H said another 3 weeks. I just went to another dealer and paid $300 more. It wasn't worth the hassle and wait for me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
SURPRISE!!! Just heard from the dealer, car was delivered today. A whole week earlier than expected. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning, don't know if I'll get any sleep tonight.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just picked up mine too! It is a silver LX. I paid 17800 for it. I also got an extended Hondacare warranty. 8years 120k miles 0$ deductable cost me $1080. BTW I live in MA

21 - 40 of 120 Posts