9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Community Director
3,405 Posts
I gave up the style of a car I like and I don't even have a kid. Just hate when family and friends have to move my seat or the passenger seat to get in the back. They will step on things and scratch things and stuff. Can I get a coupe front bumper for a sedan? :sad:

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I gave up the style of a car I like and I don't even have a kid. Just hate when family and friends have to move my seat or the passenger seat to get in the back. They will step on things and scratch things and stuff. Can I get a coupe front bumper for a sedan? :sad:
I will tell family or friends who dont want to get in the back to not ride with me. Truth is I don't really have anyone get in the back except my son and it doesn't make any difference to him he just likes the exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
I had a 2001, eclipse when I had my daughter... Putting kid in car seat in back was pain... Trust me.. u want the sedan... Life is so much easier with it and kids

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats. Did the 2 dr thing for a bit when my two were born would not try that again, you should definitely go the way of the sedan. When the weathers bad, they are at that potty training stage or your just tired trying to get them out from behind a seat can be very hard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
wow, we're having a lot of new daddies here. first off, congrats!! did you find out if it's a girl or boy yet? my wife gave birth to a beautiful girl on 10/27/2012. and so, i was given a babytrend car seat. it fits good but really took up a lot of space. ill post pics tomorrow. like someone said, you're not really going to take the infant out unless its visiting family or friends and pediatricians. but you're probably better off using the stroller than putting the infant in the back seat. of course, also considering weather. i would recommend a sedan if you have some extra cash left after the diapers, formula, pumps, etc... but until then i think its okay to keep the coupe even though its a little more painful to maneuver the baby + car seat in and out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
YEAH! it is an awesome date! it was also the date hurricane sandy came and wrecked my city! oh thanks by the way!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would start pricing it at local dealers to see what they'll offer you. I imagine they will give you somewhere around $15-16k depending on mileage and condition. If you sold it privately, you'd likely get more.

Someone suggested waiting awhile until you actually need more room and I think that's solid advice because it gives you a chance to pay off more of the principal. What you don't want is for the leftover cost of this car getting tacked onto your new loan.

Congrats on the baby and good luck with the car buying.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
The back seat of the coupe fits two adults relatively comfortably.. I think your kid will fit in there just fine. My daughter is 11 now, but I have mainly had two door vehicles.. As a baby she was in the back of 2 door civics, mustangs, etc.

One kid does not mean you have to change your car. You're gonna take a bath on the trade anyhow

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm going to be frank. If you need to ask strangers about this, well, then you are going to have bigger problems than this one on the horizon. Any fathers out there who can answer the car seat question. Are you serious? How about important questions like, "Any of you guys carry a diaper bag? What color is best for a Taffetta White coupe?" You need a Tahoe, and ditch the diaper bag. You must refuse to carry a diaper bag.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
Forget the money. Honestly, what have we become when we can't bring ourselves to bend over to snap an infant carrier seat into its mount in the back of a two-door car? I mean, really. That buys him at least a half year right there.

And then a booster seat? Did you ever try to fasten any of these things from the side? What a pain! It's much easier to lean in and fasten belts from the front as you would in a two-door.

And then when kids are old enough to get in and out by themselves, they really dont mind climbing into the back seat of a two-door, unless, of course, you instill in their heads at a very young age that life should be as easy as possible and no one should ever be inconvenienced by not having their own car door.

My brother and I climbed in and out of the back seat of a '68 Mercury Cougar until I was 13. It was never an issue.

Keep the two-door. Itll be perfectly adequate until you are ready to get another car in your own time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd say get the four door. It's easier to get the kid in and out of the back, plus it'll be easier to hull all the cargo.

Keeping the coupe won't be a burden, but it won't be as easy as just keeping a sedan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello, every one as the title reads; I'm going to be father in a few months. I currently own a 2012 Civic Coupe and am wondering if whether or not to trade-in for a 2013 Civic Sedan. I only owe $16,000.00, car came out to be $23,000.00 how much would that be of a loss if I did trade my vehicle in? Would it be wise for me to do such thing or would a car seat fit well in my coupe? Any father's out there that could input on the car seat question?

Thanks!
I had an 02' Civic EX coupe for a while with two kids and let me tell you it was a pain in the butt putting the kids in and out of the back seat.. Now with my sedan, it's much easier on my back. The infant car seat is a little easier since most people have a base already in place that the carseat latches into, but once the kids move into the larger car seats, it's can get quite cumbersome in my opinion. Congrats on Fatherhood too!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I grew up getting in and out of coupes. I asked my parents if they had any issues with car seats and such, and my father said his only regret was that he couldn't get a two-seater. Ironically, they both drive four-door vehicles now. To each their own, but I don't plan on ditching my coupe if my wife and I decide to have kids. I'm 6 ft. 7 in. tall, but I will bend my tall ass over and set up a car seat or booster seat in the backseat before I sell a coupe and get a sedan to accommodate a child. I could always make the Mazda3 hatchback I gave my wife the dedicated children car, hah.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Well you can all speculate...i got 2 kids...geting them in and out of a sedan is a pain in the ass..cant imagine a coupe....its not the bending over its that kids are always fighting you to get in the car seats and sometimes you gottta take the car seats out(if taking them to babysitter or grandparents) and them putting them back in ...ughhh...also if its cold out...i mean just saying its sucks on a 4 door and it will suck on a 2 door.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,349 Posts
No speculation here. I'm a dad. Once she was old enough, I told my kid to get into the seat, and she got into the seat. Even with more than one child, fighting is never an option with me. It was actually easier for her to do so in a two door because she could get into the car seat from the front, and not have to climb over the side of it.

I can think of reasons to trade a 2-door for a 4-door, and child ingress/egress isn't one of them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
+1 on getting a sedan if the financial loss wouldn't bother or affect you... I have two kids which are both four years old now but when they were newborns it would get annoying always having to move the seat to put the baby in the car seat or take the car seat out.. Also the passengers and myself wouldn't be able to sit comfortably because of the rear facing car seat. It wasn't that bad when the car seat was facing forward but i still felt bad for my kids legs being kind of squished during that time. That was my major gripe about me having a coupe as far as kids go. I also didn't like having to get out when i had passengers in the back seat that needed to get out. This isn't the reason I bought my current sedan but these are the reasons why I chose the sedan over the coupe this time around. So if these things wont bother you than go ahead and keep the coupe for a while and next time around buy a sedan. Just my opinion.. And also congrats on being a dad, one of the best feelings holding your little one.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts