9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I recently purchased a 2012 Si Sedan. First Honda and second non-GM car I have owned. It is nice having a fun car to drive again. I plan on slowly modifying the car for a couple of years then adding forced induction. I need to do lots of research before I decide on SC or turbo though. Previous owner added K&N CAI but that's it. First mods are going to be an exhaust, dp, under drive pulley and hondata most likely. So far that looks like the best route but still learning about this car. Car is going to be a daily driver for a while so nothing outrageous.

I am no stranger to modifying cars. I had 92 Beretta GTZ that had a custom turbo setup for about 10 years but had to sell it a few years back due to moving to a new state. Best 1/4 mile was 13.4 but could have done better with more practice and better tuning.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome to the world of Honda and to the forum. Good to have you along. Throw in a stiffer rear motor mount to your list, and I'm always partial to some suspension mods.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome. If you are eventually going to go boost; I would not buy and install a DP if you don't know for sure if you are going SC or TC. I would mod the car to where the part can be used for both TC or SC. Example, motor mounts, short throw shifter, Hondata, injectors, fuel pump, coilovers, sway bars, etc. This is only if you know for sure you're going FI.

·
Registered
173 Posts
holy fack i remember those ol beretta gtz, those are like gold hens teeth now!
have fun with the car, get hondata first, youll need it for pretty much everything if you plan to mod it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Oh, that is what RMM is I keep seeing in people sigs. I will probably do suspension eventually especially if I can find any Auto-x events around here. All the roads here are straight and the few turns I do make the handling feels pretty good.

I thought the same for the DP but $300 is fairly cheap so it is not that big of deal if I don't need it down the road. Boost is going to be a couple of years down the road.

Yup, GTZ's are very rare now. Here is my old baby.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts