9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm brand new to this forum and will be taking delivery of my first Civic Si later this week. I live in Arizona and have worked out what I consider to be a really good deal with a local dealership. Anyhow, I really wanted a white Si, but they didn't have any in stock. The dealer traded for one in TX and it's on it's way....... However, I realized today that TX has a requirement for a front license plate while Arizona does not.

Here's my anxiety... I really don't want a front license plate holder, and I especially don't want holes left in my bumper. I'm not sure if it will have the plate holder attached, but I'm assuming it will. Has anyone removed their front plate? Is the bumper drilled? I'm spending a decent amount of $$ here, so I want to be sure that I get exactly what I want. I haven't put any money down and the dealer is not charging me for transport. I guess I could still walk, but I'd feel like a real jerk.

Thoughts? .... Thanks!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'd call the dealership and ask or start looking at the cars by googling what they may look like on a dealers website to see the difference if you can?

·
Registered
271 Posts
9/10 it will be pre drilled in area where a front plate is required. Flippin sucks! Body work on a brand new car lol ftmfl

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
u812 maybe try this.....let the local dealer know u do not want the pre-drilled holes, and if the sled arrives with the holes, you would like a front bumper skin swap when they receive another new civic in same color....maybe worth a try. But I would for sure go ahead and let the dealer know that u dont want the holes...Good Luk!

·
Registered
58 Posts
My dealer had to get my car from out of state and made me put a 500 deposit down before they would go get it...now I'm wondern if that was some bs just to kinda lock me in the deal

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses and the warm welcome... Spazer - It's a sedan... have to put a car seat in the back seat, so 4 doors make the vehicle a bit more practicle.

I already talked to the guy I've been working with at the dealership. Says it happens all the time and they have a guy that works magic. Not sure what that means, but I'm really not thrilled about holes. I guess I'll wait and see. Good idea about the skin swap - worth a try! I'll post a pic when I get it. E2dac, I've been working with this guy on a deal for a couple of weeks, so I think he trusts me. He said they usually require a deposit, so don't feel bad. They probably require a deposit so that people like me who might be unhappy when the car arrives don't back out....

·
400 Club here I come!
1,660 Posts
Just sit inside your car and you won't even notice them. :). You will just be smiling from ear to ear with as you rev that bad boy to 7k :)

Reactions: Krayjee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You can always inquire to see If the other dealer put the bracket on, if not have your dealer make a note in the we owe section of your paper work. That is what I did and my car showed up with no plate bracket and no holes.
Traction, I don't buy cars very often - and I usually keep them for a long time, so I'm not sure what the 'we owe' secition of paperwork is. When I talked to my sales person a little bit ago, he didn't know if it would be set up for a front plate or not.... It will probably be here on Tuesday, so I'll find out then. I assume that if it shows up with holes and they haven't already fixed it, then the 'we owe' sheet requires them to make it right?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Traction, I don't buy cars very often - and I usually keep them for a long time, so I'm not sure what the 'we owe' secition of paperwork is. When I talked to my sales person a little bit ago, he didn't know if it would be set up for a front plate or not.... It will probably be here on Tuesday, so I'll find out then. I assume that if it shows up with holes and they haven't already fixed it, then the 'we owe' sheet requires them to make it right?
Typically the we owe sheet is a part of the negotiation where they have in writing any special requests or accessories that you guys agreed on. As far as I know these cars are not "set up" from the factory for plate brackets, this is something the dealer takes care of during pre inspection. Is your car one that was ordered by the other dealer and is being re-routed to your dealer, or was it a unit that the other dealer already had on the lot? If its a car that is being redirected from the factory it shouldn't have any holes when it shows up. Call the dealer if this is the case and tell them NO FRONT PLATE!

I had to tell my dealer explicitly to not let their guys put the bracket on, then got it in writing. When my car showed the plate bracket was in the trunk.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Mine was a Coupe, same situation that you face. The state I bought it from has a front plate requirement so it had the front bracket installed. Yes, it was drilled and no I don't really notice it at all now that it has been removed. I thought it would bother me more than it actually has.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine was a Coupe, same situation that you face. The state I bought it from has a front plate requirement so it had the front bracket installed. Yes, it was drilled and no I don't really notice it at all now that it has been removed. I thought it would bother me more than it actually has.
In light of this post I can also add that I live in Seattle and my car came from Portland, both states that require front plates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Typically the we owe sheet is a part of the negotiation where they have in writing any special requests or accessories that you guys agreed on. As far as I know these cars are not "set up" from the factory for plate brackets, this is something the dealer takes care of during pre inspection. Is your car one that was ordered by the other dealer and is being re-routed to your dealer, or was it a unit that the other dealer already had on the lot? If its a car that is being redirected from the factory it shouldn't have any holes when it shows up. Call the dealer if this is the case and tell them NO FRONT PLATE!

I had to tell my dealer explicitly to not let their guys put the bracket on, then got it in writing. When my car showed the plate bracket was in the trunk.
Thanks for the explanation. I believe this was a unit that was sitting with a dealer in TX. Doesn't sound like it was in transit from the manufacturer. In any case, it will get worked out. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! That's really good to know. I appreciate you posting!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
My car came from another state,but I clearly stated that if there was a bracket on and it was drilled that I would not take the car,needless to say it wasn't even out of the bag and it sits on my shelf today.That was a deal breaker for me,I hate front plates,I had to put up with that for 37 years in Ohio!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.