9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I should stop here first and give a shout out to all the 9th gen drivers. Whats happening. Ive had my hfp for 23 days now and I absolutely love it. Its a dream to drive, handles like a friggin go-kart, nice and flat through the corners and the k24z7 keeps it hoppin around those corners. Had the windows done last weekend, SunTek Carbon 18% all the way around, minus the windshield and man does it stick to the dot-matrix so nice, looks sweet. Just finished installing the K&N Typhoon about 2 hours ago and hola feck, that k24 is a whole new beast. Sounds like the regular airbox to me under normal conditions, however, once you give her a little extra v-power, sounds great and the butt-dyno is sayin a definite increase in torque and horsepower, especially in vtec. I Have to give my ride a bath in the next couple of days, once I have ill post some more pics but heres a few from delivery day. Have a gooder, and enjoy your drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Figured I should stop here first and give a shout out to all the 9th gen drivers. Whats happening. Ive had my hfp for 23 days now and I absolutely love it. Its a dream to drive, handles like a friggin go-kart, nice and flat through the corners and the k24z7 keeps it hoppin around those corners. Had the windows done last weekend, SunTek Carbon 18% all the way around, minus the windshield and man does it stick to the dot-matrix so nice, looks sweet. Just finished installing the K&N Typhoon about 2 hours ago and hola feck, that k24 is a whole new beast. Sounds like the regular airbox to me under normal conditions, however, once you give her a little extra v-power, sounds great and the butt-dyno is sayin a definite increase in torque and horsepower, especially in vtec. I Have to give my ride a bath in the next couple of days, once I have ill post some more pics but heres a few from delivery day. Have a gooder, and enjoy your drive!

You picked the best color too! Welcome! Definitely take off the Honda dealer sticker though, way too much clutter over there. Hate when they put those on :(

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I wonder if it would be cheese ball if I put the HFP badges on my car? 8 have the suspension,aero kit and mats.but didn't want the rims.but I think the HFP badges would look cool.Whats everyone think?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
26 Posts
^Kinda like putting a Type R sticker on a car that isn't a Type R? A little cheesy I'd think. The HFP badges should be left to the legit HFP models

OP, Welcome to the forum! We have the exact same car. Nice choice.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
^Kinda like putting a Type R sticker on a car that isn't a Type R? A little cheesy I'd think. The HFP badges should be left to the legit HFP models

I disagree... if you have 80% of the kit on anyway who cares?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't really care in general to be honest ... I just find that kind of thing lame. The HFP models differenciate themselves by having been equipped with the full HFP kit from the date of purchase. Hence the badges. It just dilutes the uniqueness of the HFP trim having the limited availability it did.

Personal opinion, nothing more.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,631 Posts
Nice to see another Canadian on the forum welcome to 9thgen.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Double post delete please

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the greets everyone! Im looking forward to sharing my thoughts, suggestions and questions!
You picked the best color too! Welcome! Definitely take off the Honda dealer sticker though, way too much clutter over there. Hate when they put those on :(
Thanks GSquared. I Love the color and I think the contrast between the white and the tinted windows really sets it off. I'll get some recent pics up once the weather decides to cooperate for a few days and I can enjoy a freshly washed car for more than 24 hours. How would I go about removing the dealership stickers without leaving any marks or damage to my ride?
I wonder if it would be cheese ball if I put the HFP badges on my car? 8 have the suspension,aero kit and mats.but didn't want the rims.but I think the HFP badges would look cool.Whats everyone think?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Agreed, the badges do look cool, however, I personally think that the hfp badges should be left to just the original vins/hfps that they are attached to however if the customer has installed the FULL KIT it should be left as one of those "to each their own" kind of things. Still leaning towards restricting sale of the badges, I payed extra to have a Honda authorized hfp and as such myself and other hfp owners should be able to feel a little more secure in their investment that the limited number of hfp's out there will not change and remain kind of a unique and exclusive sports car. Your avatar shows a sweet looking cbp 2012 si in it and I think you would laugh and be frustrated at the same time if you seen someone rolling around in a 9th gen dx with hubcaps and steel wheels with an Si badge on the back or an Si grill on the front, or both for that matter. Just my 0.02, take it for whats its worth
Don't really care in general to be honest ... I just find that kind of thing lame. The HFP models differenciate themselves by having been equipped with the full HFP kit from the date of purchase. Hence the badges. It just dilutes the uniqueness of the HFP trim having the limited availability it did.

Personal opinion, nothing more.
Couldn't agree with you more!
Nice to see another Canadian on the forum welcome to 9thgen.
Thanks, good to be a part of the 9th gen community. Not to many of us here!
P.S. If someone could tell me how to drop down a line when writing a post because when I press enter nothing happens. Thanks!

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
yea but....... type-r's were built at the factory. the HFP is a dealer kit car. kinda like the Mugen CRZ.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
Nice ride my man!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts