9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More like hot and humid sunny Florida right now. lol
Had the new 2012 Civic LX in Dyno Blue for 2 weeks now and am loving it. We traded in our 2008 Mazda 3 for it. We liked the Mazda, but the Honda is 100 times better. Looking fwd. to being a part of this forum.

·
Registered
565 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
717 Posts
welcome to the 9th!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome to the 9th! Congrats on the new LX, quite a few of us got ours in Dyno Blue also seems to be a popular color around here.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the 9th!
Dyno blue seems to be a very popular color here!!!

Thanks. Dyno Blue seems to be the choice here too. We had to have our car delivered from across the state because the dealership sold the 2 they had. Its eye catching. The crimson red looks good, but I havent even seen any of them at dealers around here yet. The other colors to me are just basic. With some polish and a fresh coat of wax the dyno really pops.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Love the color Blue had 2 blue cars in the driveway 2002 Acura EL & Honda Civic now the EL was donated to the BIL and replaced with the blue 2012 Civic EX so the Dyno Blue Pearl was the one, at first wasn't too sure but now 100% positive.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Our Mazda 3 was Aurora blue. Almost the same as the dyno blue. I saw the pics the dealer put on their site and they made it look so new we almost want to buy it back. lol of course we took prime care of it which helped, but they shined it up brighter then when I bought it from Mazda.
They even put it in their show room because it looks so good. 2008 Used Mazda MAZDA3 S at Kuhn Honda Serving Tampa, FL | Volkswagen, IID 7275298

I need to find out what kind of polish and wax they use because I cant even get mine to shine so bright with what I use and I dont even use the cheap stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
welcome to the 9th, congrats on your LX, I too have the dyno blue pearl, and I love it!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Our Mazda 3 was Aurora blue. Almost the same as the dyno blue. I saw the pics the dealer put on their site and they made it look so new we almost want to buy it back. lol of course we took prime care of it which helped, but they shined it up brighter then when I bought it from Mazda.
Why did you trade in your Mazda? I am choosing between a Mazda3 and Civic, what factors did you take into account?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The main reason we traded it for a Civic was the increase in gas mileage. My wife drives 60 miles total per day just for her work so we really wanted a more fuel efficent car. We had the 2.3L and were getting a max of 27 mpg no matter how hard we tried to get more. Not bad mileage, but we wanted more.

The 3 was a great car. I actually do miss it, but some other things we considered was maintenance. Mazda's are awful for tons of maintenance. I was getting mail from the dealer a lot saying this needs to be done that needs to be done, etc..
If you have an auto tranny like we did 3's are terrible with tranny fluid. You'll need to change it almost every 30,000 miles if not sooner. I had mine done at 30,000 and it was dark. I had to change my coolant at low miles too. I could only go 6,000 miles on Mobil 1 before it was dark.

The 3's wear tires out easily. I was told the 3's are built like golf carts which is why they tend to use up tires fast.

On the good side the 3 was fun to drive and very reliable. Lots of power and good handling. The engines do tend to be a bit noisy as does the tranny's, but the auto trannys are smooth shifting. Sometimes so smooth you dont even know it shifted gears. The interiors are built better. Not as much cheaper material as the newer cars. Surprisingly though the seats in the Civic are more comfortable to us.

The Civic is a lot smoother and a lot more quiet drive. In the 3's you can see the hood while driving.....in the Civic you cant. Thats one thing I miss. I like to see the front of what I'm driving without having to guess where the front end is.
Our 3 had 4 wheel disc brakes where our lx has rear drum. That was a downgrade, but still felt the gas mileage and comfort was enough to trade. The ex's have 4 wheel disc, but the price was to much.
The loss of power downgrading from a 2.3L to a 1.8 really wasnt a big factor to us, but you can tell the difference especially with the torque.

If you really are considering a 3 or a Civic test drive both and compare the pros and cons. Consider the maintenance too. It's going to be a tough choice though because both are great cars. If I could have kept the 3 and bought the Civic too I would have.

As far as insurance goes we were told we'd be saving $6 a month with the Civic, but when we actually got our policy it ended up being $10 more per month for the Civic. Get some vin numbers for both cars, call your insurance and get some quotes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for that good info. I think you raised some good points regarding Honda vs Mazda regarding maintenance issues and real world mpg. The feedback on tires is very useful as well. I will pay more for a Civic but it seems that they are easier to maintain.

I am going for a model with Navi and I do not like the Navi on 3's.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yea you'll defiantly save on maintenance with the civic. Another thing I didnt mention about the 3 was how much of a pain it was to do my own oil changes. Mine didnt have just a twist on and off filter. The Civics are so much easier.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Windshield already got cracked. Darn rocks

So I get a call from my wife on her way to work saying some idiot in a Ford truck with a custom license plate peeled out in front of her (and its pouring rain hard today) and kicked up a rock which cracked the windshield. I havent seen it yet, but she said it was the size of a pinky nail. I hope thats all it is.
She called the insurance company and they recommend replacing it and since we're in FL I'm pretty sure we dont have to pay a deductible. Only issue with replacing it is they dont have to use OEM parts (which I dont like since the car is so new) and if they did I'm sure with the possible short supply of parts from Honda we'd have to wait weeks for one.

I did tell her since its small just have them repair it. Heck I could do it myself for $10 (as long as it didnt go through several layers), but have a place such as Safelite do it and make sure they dont have some joe smo repair it because they might not do it the right way. The insurance company said it might still show up if they repair it and I told her not if they do it correctly. Since it happend while driving she's having to file the claim with the insurance and since shes at work right now I cant get any updates until she goes on lunch.

Sucks it happened already. With such a large windshield I knew it was possible, but didnt think it would happen so soon. lol

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Any ideas how expensive windshields are on these cars?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts