9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey thank you for taking the time to view my thread. I am interested in buying a completely new audio system for my car. The speakers have to be 6.5 inches. I will be honest and say I don't know much about speakers but I can tel you I'm looking for something with good bass, can be loud and clear, and just sounds great. My budget for everything is about 1000 to 1500--this includes speakers, stereo,subwoofer, & amplifier. I don't really know any stores around my area (little rock, ar) that has speakers on display except best buy and from there I chose some options from there that sounded good but I'm not really sure if there's better or not.

Stereo(s):
Pioneer - 50W x 4 MOSFET Apple® iPod®-Ready In-Dash CD Deck - FH-X700BT - Best Buy

Sony CDX-GT660UP CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Honestly for speakers and amps and subwoofers I have no idea. Is kicker a good brand to look into?

If you could post some good audio components that will satisfy my needs, I would greatly appreciate it! Even more stereo options would be nice. Those were just two from best buy I wanted to know about. I don't want a fancy touch screen stereo though :p

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
From the list you said, I would rank them at Kickers > Pioneer > Sony but there is a whole lot of other brand that are great like Alpine, JL Audio, Polk Audio, Infinity, and Bose. It really depends on how much you have to spend and how you want to set it up. Posibilities are endless unless you're going into this project with 100$.... Please know for a good sound audio upgrade retail without labor is about 800$.
200 for 4x 6.5" Speakers,
150 for a 4 channel 50-70 rms amp,
100 baseline sub about 10"
200 rms with box,
150 for a mono block amp,
100 for all the power and audio wires.

This is just the surface...lols

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the list you said, I would rank them at Kickers > Pioneer > Sony but there is a whole lot of other brand that are great like Alpine, JL Audio, Polk Audio, Infinity, and Bose. It really depends on how much you have to spend and how you want to set it up. Posibilities are endless unless you're going into this project with 100$.... Please know for a good sound audio upgrade retail without labor is about 800$.
200 rms with box,

Thank you!! Yeah, my 1000-1500 budget was for parts only...not labor :)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Let us know when you start getting closer to your build. I wanna check it out, Im also doing one at the moment too. about 900$ budget so far.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
200 rms with box,

This is really helpful to get a budget idea and which componens we need. Thanks!.
$150 for mono block amp.....is that like a JL Cleansweep?
What is the $200 rms with box? Is that sub woofer in a box? If yes, why the $100 baseline sub too?

·
Registered
71 Posts
is your LX a coupe or sedan?

I have an LX sedan and over the last 2 weeks moved all my audio equipment from my 2010 LX sedan into my 2012 LX sedan. The install is fresh in my head and i took over 100 pics. My total system cost i think is $1860 but have a few feet of left over wire here and there. Let me know if you need anything. This is my equipment...

Head Unit
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

Front Speakers
JL Audio C5-650x (not a standard install)

Rear Speakers
Pioneer TSD1602R 6.5" (not a standard install)

Sub
JL 12W6v2

Sub box
Ordered a built to JL spec ported box off ebay.

4 Channel Amp
JL Audio XD400/4

Mono Amp for sub
Pioneer GM-8500M

My RCA cables (4 channel cable and sub cable), main power wire, and remote wire are monster.

Speaker wire is from knukonceptz

I used 4 gauge wire for my "Big 3" with some left over cheap DB link brand, and used up some more of that wire and some knukonceptz 4 gauge for grounding my amps and splitting the power wire in the trunk.

Dont forget to buy a trim/molding remover set (like $5-10 on amazon).

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

Do you plan to drill in holes for speakers or use adapter brackets?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Let's see... here's what I spent:

LOC = $105 Audio Control LC6i on Amazon
Sub = $45 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" on Craigslist
Amp = $20 MTX Thunder 342 on Craigslist
Speakers = $55 JBL GTO628 on Amazon
Tweeters = $55 Infinity 1031T on Amazon
8awg Wiring Kit, two = $25 Amazon

$305 all done

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
Let's see... here's what I spent:

LOC = $105 Audio Control LC6i on Amazon
Sub = $45 Infinity Kappa Perfect 10" on Craigslist
Amp = $20 MTX Thunder 342 on Craigslist
Speakers = $55 JBL GTO628 on Amazon
Tweeters = $55 Infinity 1031T on Amazon
8awg Wiring Kit, two = $25 Amazon

$305 all done
So, happy with sound? If you had to do it all over?

·
Registered
150 Posts
is your LX a coupe or sedan?

I have an LX sedan and over the last 2 weeks moved all my audio equipment from my 2010 LX sedan into my 2012 LX sedan. The install is fresh in my head and i took over 100 pics. My total system cost i think is $1860 but have a few feet of left over wire here and there. Let me know if you need anything. This is my equipment...

Head Unit
Pioneer DEH-P7400HD

Front Speakers
JL Audio C5-650x (not a standard install)

Rear Speakers
Pioneer TSD1602R 6.5" (not a standard install)

Sub
JL 12W6v2

Sub box
Ordered a built to JL spec ported box off ebay.

4 Channel Amp
JL Audio XD400/4

Mono Amp for sub
Pioneer GM-8500M

My RCA cables (4 channel cable and sub cable), main power wire, and remote wire are monster.

Speaker wire is from knukonceptz

I used 4 gauge wire for my "Big 3" with some left over cheap DB link brand, and used up some more of that wire and some knukonceptz 4 gauge for grounding my amps and splitting the power wire in the trunk.

Dont forget to buy a trim/molding remover set (like $5-10 on amazon).

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

Do you plan to drill in holes for speakers or use adapter brackets?
Bad ass set up! I am jealous.

Reactions: tpilat
1 - 15 of 15 Posts