9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,
I am anxiously awaiting to purchase a 2012 Civic Coupe. They have not arrived at the dealerships in Missouri yet. I heard they haven't even been built yet. Does anyone have one yet? I heard a rumor that there are blind spots in the new coupe. Is this true? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Welcome to the 9th!
The 2012 coupes have not yet been released but should more than likely be coming out within the next month or so.....we do not have any official word as to the exact date. So i cant comment on the blindspot, but dealers definitely do not have them yet.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
So far no one on this site has one. I've heard constantly in different places that dealers have said the situation in Japan has slowed production. As of right now it's a waiting game. For your best chances of getting it as soon as possible it'd be best to keep in contact with your local dealers, since those are the venue's you'd buy from. Welcome to the site! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. It is great to be here. I will be selling my 2005 Civic LX and purchasing a new 2012 Civic EX. Of course, I would like to see and drive one in person first. I will be checking this forum often to see and learn everything that I can about the new Civic.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
the 2012 civic ex sedans are at your local dealer right now so you can go and test drive one to see how you like it first. That way you can have an experience in the sedan for now and then try the coupe later once it arrives.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Civic Coupe

I talked with another Honda Saleperson today, and he told me not to hold my breath for the new Civic Coupes. He also said they are having real problems in Japan and not to expect them at dealerships until the fall. He also mentioned that they will not be giving them away either because of the demand for them. WOW, I hope he is wrong, has anyone heard anything different? I realize nobody really knows, but I was hoping someone would have something more optimistic. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchase a 2012 White Civic Coupe today.

Hi Friends,
I purchased a 2012 Civic Coupe today. First one in our state and right off of the truck. I will take delivery on Tuesday. I got 0.9% financing and a nice discount off of the car. Feel free to ask questions. I can tell you for my first impression of seeing the car in person and driving it, it looks great in white. The interior color is very plasticy and cheap looking. The seats and fabric are OK at best. I like the instrument panel and the nice ride. I will update you with pictures later in the week and more info.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Congrats! the first coupe owner on here... So does that mean you're the King of the Coupe? Lol

How do the seats sit, are they firm and do they hold you in tight? Did you test the sedan as well? If you did, did you notice any differences in ride quality, the seats and interior again? Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. Yes, I am the KING!! LOL. First of all, I forgot to mention that I bought an EX Coupe. The seats seemed like a 2 toned fabric. It felt very comfortable, but if I remenber right, the sedan seats felt softer or something. I am not a huge fan of the beige color or the interior as compared to my 2005 civic coupe. I did also test drive the sedan about a month ago just for fun and I believe the ride and handling are very similiar. The 2012 coupe seemed less sporty, and more quiet After I get the car, I can probably better answer some of these questions. I know other customers that were at the dealership today were asking what that car was. It attracted plenty of attention. I was debating between the white and the polished metal color, and they both looked nice, but I thought this coupe looked especially sharp in white.

·
Registered
794 Posts
On good financing too. We'll be waiting for some pics and more of your opinions, have fun man, any planned upgrades?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yeah imma buy a few things before I even take the car off the lot, such as all season mats, splash guards and those door rubber guards and maybe a few more. Keep the damage to the Minimum, after all that then the HFP stuff will start comin' on lol

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Yeah imma buy a few things before I even take the car off the lot, such as all season mats, splash guards and those door rubber guards and maybe a few more. Keep the damage to the Minimum, after all that then the HFP stuff will start comin' on lol
I'm with you on that buddy, gotta prepare beforehand for sure

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats on your Civic EX coupe purchase! Enjoy it and have lots of fun with it. I sat in an EX coupe yesterday for the first time and really liked it. It's a really good looking car. Much better looking than the 8th gen coupe IMO. My head nearly touches the roof so the EX in both sedan and coupe is out of the question for me. I apparently have a long torso. I set the seat adjustment till it won't go any lower and I practically have to recline the seatback to avoid my head touching the headliner. Doing this though greatly compromises the driving position. That's okay, I planned on getting an LX sedan anyhow so no big deal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm so disappointed to hear that the coupe doesn't drive as sporty anymore. I have no issues with a quieter and more comfortable ride, but, I still wanna be able to take on the twisty roads for fun.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Congrats, ...can't wait to see the pics! I love TW's! Honda's always look good in any of the whites they offer.

·
Registered
568 Posts
PMM is a sweet colour but you made the correct colour choice. All seson mats are a must. Just pop them out of the car, brush them off & put them back in the car, done.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts