9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it from a guy that works at a Honda dealer and has seen the 13 Si up close and personal inside and out, the 12 is overall better. I handle the accessories department at my dealer and the added chrome and fake carbon fiber don't help this car at all. Plus that wing ruins the sporty lines of the Sedan. Sure you get a back up camera, but it's a civic. Who the heck under the age of 45 needs a back up camera in a Civic Si? I knew all about the changes on the 13 before I purchased mine and decided the interest rate and low price was the better deal. Glad I chose the 12.. Also, for any sedan owners considering "trading up" the passenger side of the car is smaller due to the dash protruding out further.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not trading mine. Love my '12 coupe! IMO the '13 looks cheap with the added chromed around the vents. The carbon fiber, really? I do like the wheels a tad bit better. The differences are trivial. I could see if the '13 was turbo charged or had a dramatic increase in power, to even think about trading it in. With the differences between the 2, I'm glad I got the '12.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Does anyone feel like "crap" for not waiting for the 2013 Civic.I purchased 2012 Civic LX 1 year ago tomorrow.Would love the all black dashboard,but I do like my 12'.Is anyone considering trading their 12' for a 13'?Thanks everybody.
Nope, not at all. I actually sat in and tested the 2013 and wasn't convinced it was worth upgrading.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Question Authority
6,424 Posts
I think I would be better served if you would just keep your car and send me the amount of money you would lose on depreciation, etc. if you bought a new car and I would be able to have a good time with your money. That would make me happy for a little while. Anything to try to help you out....

·
Registered
150 Posts
I finally saw one last week at DC auto show and I had to really look for the differences. I do not like the fake carbon fiber interior. I would not call this a redesign.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,081 Posts
^^ Really. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
The only reason I'm considering trading in is due to the half ass job they did putting my car together , my right tail has gaps, I'm getting crappy fuel mileage , not to mention an occasional fuel smell inside the cabin ( to which Honda says there's nothing wrong w my car ) not to mention wind noises (drivers window ) and rattling noises that ate driving me crazy among many others, I sat in a 2013 and I didn't see any of these issues , so yeah I would consider it lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,081 Posts
Well, whatever car you get, now you have the experience to have a reason to check the car very carefully before accepting delivery. I'd drive it, as well as inspecting it.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I've never taken a roadie before in mine,but there is no way in hell I'm getting 40 mpg in mine. The highest I've seen was 32.8. About 40 miles on 85 at 70-75, which is pretty good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would defiantly go with the WRX if I lived in Canada and only had one car. I have been considering the WRX and 2013 Si and decided to go with the Si to save some money and get better mpg. I owned a 2004 WRX and loved it and wanted another one, but could not justify spending the 30k since we have a 4runner for snow now. The WRX is a rocketship in all conditions and is not even comparable if money and mpg are don't cares.

Now I wait for my red 2013 Civic Si Sedan that is suppose to be here at the end of the month!
I've got a Taffy-white si sedan on the way as well... Should be here Feb. 24th

·
Registered
148 Posts
I considered many different cars before purchasing my Dyno Blue Si coupe. I can honestly say I have no regrets whatsoever. The interior isn't as high quality as my Mazda3, but it's not hideous. The exterior is absolutely stunning. Some days, I think my wife loves the Si more than I do. I don't pretend the Si is a sport's car in any shape or form, but it is an extremely peppy car that still gets high marks for reliability and fuel economy. Taking it to the Dragon is a blast!

With that said, I have been eyeing the 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. It's a gorgeous car with a decent amount of power to back it up. The depreciation of Hyundai's and cost of ownership according to MotorTrend and Yahoo Autos is a turn-off. The Si doesn't get high marks for cost of ownership either, but at least it holds its value. I'm also skeptical of Hyundai's reliability even though they have come a long way. Plus, my wife put her foot down when I suggested it and said I'd be an idiot to sell the Si since it's such a great car. Guess it's more mods for the Si, hah!

My only gripe with my Si is the complete joke of a tire that comes stock. The grip is pretty much non-existent, and the wet weather traction feels like it's going to get me killed. Even though my Si now only has 12,000 miles on it, the tires are going bye-bye next week. I'll either be going with the SuperSports or the Potenza Pole Positions. I also need to stiffen up the chassis and get rid of the little bit of body roll that it has. Beyond that, it's a great car.

Ultimately, it comes down to what you want. The WRX is an amazing car, and AWD is a blast. This is coming from a previous Evo owner. :) I say go with what you want and can afford. You can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Don't like the chrome!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I test drove a 13 Si coupe because the 12 Si coupe was in the showroom..........i didnt notice anything different driving it....and all the stock pieces are going to be on it until the warranty is over and i didnt like the rims on the 13....that plus good financing and the dealer taking money off the sticker made the deal for the 12

21 - 37 of 37 Posts