9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Still needs to be competitive. I can see this being 40K TOPS.
im actually on the phone with a dealer right now trying to confirm everything
Dealerships aren't going to know jack, lol. They tell you what you want to hear.

Until the TypeR's actually hit the dealership floors, you are shooting blind when it comes to accurate information.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Interesting, dealers in Canada are scamming people for deposits on a car that doesn't exist in any manifest yet........I'd call Honda of Canada in that one

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Interesting, dealers in Canada are scamming people for deposits on a car that doesn't exist in any manifest yet........I'd call Honda of Canada in that one
Dealerships will take a deposit down on anything if your willing to put down the cash. Maybe I should call a local Honda dealership and put a deposit down on a 11thgen Si, how much you want to bet they will take it too lol.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Haha still not worth it though. It's confirmed that it's only cosmetics upgrade and no turbo. 2017 Subaru BRZ STI Special Model Information - YouWheel.com - Car News and Review

"Here is the latest information summary:

1. It will not be called BRZ STI, instead a new name that implies this BRZ special model is tuned by STI;
2. Upgraded/strengthened body construction, and added chassis braces provides better torsional rigidity and ride quality;
3. Other enhancements includes: intake/exhaust, Brembo brakes, body aero kit;
4. Unfortunately the engine will be the same as the standard BRZ, NOT turbocharged, output will be around 210hp;
5. On sale 2016 summer"

:(
We'll have to see once the car is released everything is speculation. I'd be surprised though if a BRZ STI isn't boosted somehow.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Well they said they have confirmation that its not above 40K, as i JUST threw down my deposit
Sorry bro but they straight up lied to your face they have no idea how much the Type R will cost. How can they possibly know how much it will cost when Honda Canada hasn't even released the vehicle lol.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry bro but they straight up lied to your face they have no idea how much the Type R will cost. How can they possibly know how much it will cost when Honda Canada hasn't even released the vehicle lol.
Either he is blowing smoke up our arse or the dealer is blowing smoke up his. Either way, none of us are really that naive! lol

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Im 99% sure the Honda dealer would have some sort of idea of what the price is. Regardless of the price, io be buying it
I'm about 75 million percent sure they don't.
Just like the hrv that recently came out.they didnt have a clue.they don't know what pricing is till they can actually order one from the factory.they usually have a binder full of invoice pricing and packaging.
This doesn't exist for a car that hasn't even been built to sell stateside.they may have built one or 2 here.however those are typically the government to try and beat and abuse BEFORE they're given the green light to mass produce and sell.
They can't mass produce and sell if they haven't had approval. Hence there is no listing. Meaning no dealer in the north american continent has any real or factual data.so really it would be nothing more than a best guess.I sure as hell wouldn't give my money to em for that.is wait till Honda themselves said alright its here and coming by the end of the year or something.
But were still over a year and a half away.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm about 75 million percent sure they don't.
Just like the hrv that recently came out.they didnt have a clue.they don't know what pricing is till they can actually order one from the factory.they usually have a binder full of invoice pricing and packaging.
This doesn't exist for a car that hasn't even been built to sell stateside.they may have built one or 2 here.however those are typically the government to try and beat and abuse BEFORE they're given the green light to mass produce and sell.
They can't mass produce and sell if they haven't had approval. Hence there is no listing. Meaning no dealer in the north american continent has any real or factual data.so really it would be nothing more than a best guess.I sure as hell wouldn't give my money to em for that.is wait till Honda themselves said alright its here and coming by the end of the year or something.
But were still over a year and a half away.
You make it seem like im giving them my money and not getting it back. If for whatever reason this doesnt release, il just get my deposit back

·
Registered
256 Posts
Im 99% sure the Honda dealer would have some sort of idea of what the price is. Regardless of the price, io be buying it
They don't even know the official pricing for the high volume 10th gen civic models bowing this fall...Si will be half a year to a year after and the type-R likely two years after that...

·
Registered
256 Posts
It will cost more. Most likely the Type R will already be fully loaded as a base just like the Si is in Canada.

Now, go check the cost of a loaded GTI, loaded Focus ST and iirc a loaded Mazdaspeed 3 was $36k before tax. They are all more than $35k.. And the ctr blows all those cars away.
You can load up a 335i on options and make it more than a M3. Compare base model to base model, the type-R is a track focused machine, they won't saddle it with extra options as standard here. Even still, the Si rings in just under 27k before tax.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
They don't even know the official pricing for the high volume 10th gen civic models bowing this fall...Si will be half a year to a year after and the type-R likely two years after that...
Im perfectly fine with that. Knowing i secured mine for when it shows up is all i need. If it doesnt show up for 2 years, even better then! As my HFP will be paid off and i wont need to trade it in

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You can load up a 335i on options and make it more than a M3. Compare base model to base model, the type-R is a track focused machine, they won't saddle it with extra options as standard here. Even still, the Si rings in just under 27k before tax.
And im really hoping there's no AC as well.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts