9th Gen Civic Forum banner

New Civic Type R Specs, Photos Released

13K views 75 replies 27 participants last post by  chriscivic4310 
#1 ·

Honda has released a fresh set of photos along with new details on the 2015 Civic Type R.

The 2015 Civic Type R signals a new era of Honda performance cars according to the brand and much has been done to separate this hot hatch from its rather pedestrian cousin. Honda has confirmed that the new Type R will be sold in the United States, though it may not happen until 2017. For now, we’ll have to make due with this new info released by Honda UK.

Under the hood lives a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that puts out 305 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. The red line sits at 7,000 RPM, while Honda’s legendary Variable Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) system is also put to work, making the engine as efficient as possible while also keeping a high output of power. Direct injection atomizes the fuel at high pressure (20MPa), allowing the fuel flow to increase by 85 percent and fuel pressure to jump by 45 percent compared to a conventional Honda engine.

All of this adds up to a 0 to 62 mph run in 5.7 seconds, a top speed of 167 mph and a curb weight of 3037 lbs. To get the most from the car, Honda has included a new +R button, which modifies throttle response, the adaptive dampers, torque mapping and the interior info screen to allow the driver to extract maximum performance from the Civic Type R.

A six-speed manual, which uses the same 40mm shift stroke as the 2002 NSX-R, is the only transmission available with the new Type R. It sends power on to a helical limited slip differential, helping to improve turning performance. Without the limited slip, Honda says the car loses three seconds around the Nurburgring. A unique new exhaust is also fitted to this car, helping it to roar thanks to the removal of the front silencer.

Connecting the Type R to the road are new 19-inch alloy wheels, wrapped with 235/35 R19 tires from Continental that were designed specially for this car.

When it comes to style, the new Type R is one of the most aggressive looking Honda’s to ever wear the badge. Five paint options are available: Championship White, Crystal Black (pearlescent), Polished Metal (metallic), Brilliant Sporty Blue (metallic) and Milano Red.

A new GT pack is now available, which brings along signature red highlights, front and rear parking sensors, automatic headlights, automatic wipers and adaptive cruise control. The package also comes with the optional Honda Connect infotainment system and a beefed up, 320-watt eight-speaker stereo system.

Safety is also built into the GT pack, which includes forward collision warning, lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, a traffic sign reader and speed limiter.

Finally, a number of style packages will be available to modify the car’s looks. You can get the Red exterior pack, the red interior pack, the carbon exterior pack and the carbon interior pack.
Read more about the New Civic Type R Specs, Photos Released at AutoGuide.com.

See less See more
#13 ·
Early WRXs were nothing to look at either, but became must-haves for a certain driving segment. I'm pretty sure the car shown in the OP will do the same.

#30 ·
I'm betting low 30's-35k. The current R has the electronic adaptable suspension and prolly some other toys that won't make it to our 10th gen. Plus everyone is still using the current euro R price to convert to US dollars. Then again, I may be wrong.

#32 · (Edited)
$40k-$50k for a Civic TypeR? lol. They better only make like 250 of them. :D

For that amount, before a TypeR, I'd buy an Si, build a wide-stance body kit around some 19" wheels, throw on some Brembo brakes, boost it up to 500WHP with a turbo kit and other mods (racing clutch, exhaust, etc.), and have leftovers for a pair of slicks for fun at the track.

Best price range for this car would be between $34k and $40k (depending on options). Even then, I'd consider a STi before a TypeR.

#49 ·
Dealerships will take a deposit down on anything if your willing to put down the cash. Maybe I should call a local Honda dealership and put a deposit down on a 11thgen Si, how much you want to bet they will take it too lol.

#54 ·
I'm about 75 million percent sure they don't.
Just like the hrv that recently came out.they didnt have a clue.they don't know what pricing is till they can actually order one from the factory.they usually have a binder full of invoice pricing and packaging.
This doesn't exist for a car that hasn't even been built to sell stateside.they may have built one or 2 here.however those are typically the government to try and beat and abuse BEFORE they're given the green light to mass produce and sell.
They can't mass produce and sell if they haven't had approval. Hence there is no listing. Meaning no dealer in the north american continent has any real or factual data.so really it would be nothing more than a best guess.I sure as hell wouldn't give my money to em for that.is wait till Honda themselves said alright its here and coming by the end of the year or something.
But were still over a year and a half away.

#61 · (Edited)
I don't mind there being air conditioning. It gets very humid here in the summer, and sometimes A/C is really nice to have. Particularly if you're going to work in a suit or something... I do use windows 95% of the time, though. Even on days close to 100 degrees. Just one of those people that loves the breeze and sunshine.

Doubt it will come without it. But maybe they'll have multiple versions: a track version without it, and a regular street version with? Would be nice. I think Chevy does this with the Z/28. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.