9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Crew !

I happened to come across the latest version (revision 5) of the TSB for the CVT recall and it looks like the program ID for cars sold outside California has been updated.
However, upon comparing it to the original TSB it looks like they may have just swapped 2 characters in the program number (R1J instead of RJ1).

Also, they now only mention using i-HDS instead of HDS and MVCI to do the update (the software version there is also different). I assume i-HDS is the latest interface.

Does anyone know if this is indeed an updated version of the TCM module software, or if they just corrected a typo ?

Files were too big to attach and I'm not allowed to post links so I'm attaching screenshots

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the original recall was issued in 2015 that's why the TSB appears to be 2 years old, although it was last updated in late August 2017.

So you're thinking this is just a typo and not an updated software version for KA models ?

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
As some of you know I had the PCM changed on my 15 Civic earlier this year for this recall, along with the bad battery. I seen no difference except recently if I have the traction control on it shifts slowly and feel a backlash sometimes in the drive-train. My dealer knew nothing about the recall and just said Honda would not let me take the car until it was fixed. I dont think its that important or else they would of sent a notification out, just so happened my car was in for warranty work when they enforced the recall.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
As some of you know I had the PCM changed on my 15 Civic earlier this year for this recall, along with the bad battery. I seen no difference except recently if I have the traction control on it shifts slowly and feel a backlash sometimes in the drive-train.
My dealer knew nothing about the recall
and just said Honda would not let me take the car until it was fixed. I dont think its that important or else they would of sent a notification out, just so happened my car was in for warranty work when they enforced the recall.
10 years ago I would agree; now when they enter the VIN in their computer.
A routine runs that checks for outstanding recalls.
If one is found they will, usually, want to take care of it that day. Unless parts need to be ordered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts