9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members, I'm Mikkie Reci, only 20 years old haha. Just got my Crystal Black Civic Coupe LX yesterday. So happy about it, I've been waiting more than 2 months. I was suppose to get white, but my car got delayed in customs in Canada. I couldn't wait anymore so I accepted a black one instead. I'm a little sad because it's such a high maintenance color. But I'm a little OCD and a clean freak so I'm sure I can keep up with the car cleaning stuff. I've only been driving stick for like 24hours and I can drive normally but I have a problem with reverse. I think I'm riding the clutch a little bit to control speed. Is this normal? Anyways, everyone's cars are so awesome on here and we should have more SoCal meets!

·
August 2012 FB2/FG3 ROTM Winner
2,264 Posts
congrats! welcome to the forum! and CBP FTW!

·
May 2012 K24Z7 ROTM Winner
405 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the new ride!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the new ride!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
OMG WINNN, I wanted my car to be just like yours! Your car was my inspiration for getting a Civic Coupe in white, I saw a photo of your car somewhere and I finally found you here on 9thGen like 2 months ago haha. Been waiting to say what's up!!! :icon_wave:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hi Mikkie! Welcome to the forum! Nice to see another fellow SoCal and FG3 owner join the community.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome to the site!! A girl and a standard driver as well!!!

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
833 Posts
Congrats on your new Civic and welcome to the forum. be sure to post pics of your new ride!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Congrats. What part of so cal do you stay at?

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on a fine car. I love black but have been known to be a bit biased on the color.

About that reverse thing. Try to just engage to get moving and then depress the pedal fully when needed to modulate the speed. I try to be either on or off the clutch while in reverse and have done this for decades now with no issues. Honda clutches seem to last forever on my cars.

Enjoy the site and your new ride.

·
Registered
799 Posts
There's a meet in garden grove every month that a few 9th gen and 8th gens go to

·
Registered
331 Posts
aww.. i thought when u said socal, i think of san diego... and below... :( i guess another one got away!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts