9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled across the forum and decided to join up. My wife and I used to have an '08 DX Coupe which was destroyed in an accident on November 9th, 2010. We ended up replacing it with a 2011 Ford Ranger FX4 when she was up and walking again. Our other car, a 1999 Ford Contour has been nothing but problems lately, so we've been looking at new cars for the past few months.

With the new incentives at Honda, $1000 off and 1.99 financing, I figured we couldn't go wrong. We ordered a 2012 EX Coupe, black, manual transmission. Ordered it with the fog lights, interior illumination and all season floor mats. It's scheduled to be built December 22nd, but I'm hoping that date gets bumped up.

Here's pics of the 08, it held up really well in the accident.. probably saved her life.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome to the site... glad you all are healthly now. from the crashes ive seen with these cars involved they do hold up quite well compared to others ive seen. They really protect the occupants quite nice.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2012 EX CBP Coupe showed up to the dealership today!

Ordered November 30th, Showed up today. They still have to put the foglights and ambient light kit in so they say I won't get it till Monday.. Snapped a couple quick shots with my phone.. poor quality.. low light.. but there she is!

:wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.....Is that a manual transmission 2012 civic EX?...If so can you tell us what you think about Civic EX 5MT versus Civic Si manual transmission...just curious!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
At first, i was like what wheels are those and why is the shift knob different, then I realized you said EX.

Congrats on your purchase! Looks awesome, I love the styling of the coupes after seeing more real world pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Drexl, I have a strong feeling I know who you are. I work at the dealership where you bought the car. I was hoping to see how the ambient lighting looked in person but I was off yesterday and didn't get to check it out. It's very rare that we ever see people ordering it here.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drexl, I have a strong feeling I know who you are. I work at the dealership where you bought the car. I was hoping to see how the ambient lighting looked in person but I was off yesterday and didn't get to check it out. It's very rare that we ever see people ordering it here.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the car!
Hah! Small world! For the $200 or whatever it was the ambient lighting seemed too cool to pass up, and I'm really happy I ordered the foglights as well.. looks so much better with. Hit me up with a PM and I'll bring it by the dealership some time so you can check out the ambient lighting.. I'm buddies with Steve who does the oil changes in the shop also.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My poor little Civic

Long time, no post... My car has been through some bad luck over the summer.. Back in June some jackass ran my wife off the road which resulted in some pretty rashed up rims.

Back in July another jackass backed into the driver door of my parked car. Luckily he came forward with his info and his insurance covered the $2300 fix.

Pics to follow on the damages, my wife has them on her phone.

Anyway.. I had to get the rims fixed anyhow, so I had them painted black at the same time.. And since the car was off the road, I had the taillights tinted as well.. You can't tell in the picture, but the taillights are the same colour as the car now, they even have the same metal flake.

·
Registered
87 Posts
sorry to hear about all the mishaps...glad the wife is okay..

but the end result, your civic looks really nice black on black!!!

hope you have better and safer luck for the years to come

1 - 20 of 33 Posts