9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I almost picked up a new Civic SI Coupe for my wife last weekend. I decided to inspect the car again before signing the paperwork and noticed either a scratch resulting from hitting from hitting the the doors against the wall or protective tape residue that Honda uses during delivery. Dealer was apologetic and promised to fix it but my wife does not like the idea. He refuses to to exchange the car. I might push a little bit harder once I go there tomorrow. I assume it is because the taxes, DMV fees etc. have been already paid.

Should I ask for a discount, refuse the deal or go somewhere else? I have got a pretty good deal on a car at 0.9% via Honda with 10year/100000miles extended warranty for $23,000 plus $2500 (sales tax, fees etc.).

My wife is pretty angry :angry: since it is going to be her ride.:wigglesmiley:

If I posted in the wrong section please move it.

Thank you.

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Sounds pretty minor the way you describe it. See what they can do to fix it to your, er, her liking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds pretty minor the way you describe it. See what they can do to fix it to your, er, her liking.

Yea. It looks like a pretty nasty case of glue/tape residue. They said the technician is going to have to fix it tomorrow. I will take some pictures.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
There is no Navi. When is 2013 coming out? Honda is very quiet about it.
Rumors seem to be settling on a December arrival. $23k with the 10/100 warranty is on the high side.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is really high... I got mine for 23.5 OTD and that was a couple months ago, prices are even cheaper now

You should probably be able to get and Si for around 21k+ taxes etc

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It does seem pretty high. I have extended warranty on my car also and my sales tax is higher than yours. Still came out to be 24k OTD. With the 2013 coming out soon you should get your car much cheaper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does seem pretty high. I have extended warranty on my car also and my sales tax is higher than yours. Still came out to be 24k OTD. With the 2013 coming out soon you should get your car much cheaper.
I think I am going to have to cancel the deal and get my money back. No wonder the dealer is so pushy to pick up the car with shoddy doors.

·
2013 Jan K24 ROTM Winner
2,099 Posts
I don't think that's a bad price. It's a great car, let them fix it and go buy it. I paid 22900 with only the normal 3yr/36k warranty. Although I bought mine almost a year ago, but I have seen used ones with 3-5k miles on it going for 22900 within the last 2 months. They don't lose value and the 2013 model is not going to affect it til they actually come out and even then it won't affect it that much. So just buy the damn car, you won't regret it IMO.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think that's a bad price. It's a great car, let them fix it and go buy it. I paid 22900 with only the normal 3yr/36k warranty. Although I bought mine almost a year ago, but I have seen used ones with 3-5k miles on it going for 22900 within the last 2 months. They don't lose value and the 2013 model is not going to affect it til they actually come out and even then it won't affect it that much. So just buy the damn car, you won't regret it IMO.
I concur it is a great car. I am going to have keep driving Subaru Outback 2006 while my wife get an Si. I feel like crying. I live in Westchester County, NY which is very expensive for our budget and prices seems to be a bit inflated.

Does it make sense installing mud flaps on an Si?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
To those who are giving prices, keep in mind that it varies from cities to states you are in. The price the OP got for Westchester, NY is actually decent. (I wouldnt call it a deal) SIs are about 1.5-2.5k over the price of the EX. I got my EX with extended warranty, door ding warranty, front glass warranty, mud flaps, car cover, trunk tray, first free oil change(everyone should get that at new purchase) and 1 free tire rotation/alignment.

·
Registered
143 Posts
To those who are giving prices, keep in mind that it varies from cities to states you are in. The price the OP got for Westchester, NY is actually decent. (I wouldnt call it a deal) SIs are about 1.5-2.5k over the price of the EX. I got my EX with extended warranty, door ding warranty, front glass warranty, mud flaps, car cover, trunk tray, first free oil change(everyone should get that at new purchase) and 1 free tire rotation/alignment.
Yes I got my 2012 si sedan w nav 3 weeks ago and I paid $3500 in taxes and total for everything even after my 7 year term was Damn well just over $32, 000

sent from my galaxy s3

proud owner of 2012 si sedan w nav, crystal black pearl built in Alliston.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds good to me. I've got a price match from my local dealer in Yonkers, NY. I am going to talk to them in person tomorrow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I realized I did not get my purchase order from a dealer. I did not mention that to you before but the car had plenty of micro scratches and swirl marks. To sump it up, I think I was going to get an unprepped car. Now I have to get my money back and wait. What a pain. Ehhh.

·
that cranky admin
6,077 Posts
That is a really good point about prices varying by area.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts