9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Tam. Im fairly new to car stuff but I find it starting to grow on me as I think about it. I have a silver 4 door lx civic we bought some time ago but now just starting to fiddle with it. Whats there to do? I want to begin simple, something casule and not flashy. My cousin recommended me HID but it seems to bright for oncoming traffic. Thanks!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome to 9th! HID's are a great start to modding, and doing either a projector retrofit the the Asian Spec headlights with projectors already there, HID's are less blinding for oncoming traffic, if that's what you mean by too bright :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the warm welcome. Are there any cheap headlights I can make it less blinding range of maybe 200$?

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome. Are there any cheap headlights I can make it less blinding range of maybe 200$?
There aren't any aftermarket headlights worth your while. Really If you're afraid of blinding people, either have a retrofit done (might exceed your budget a bit) or get different halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome! And there is one set of headlights that would be good for HIDs that came out a few weeks ago. The only thing is that they're currently priced at $550, which is way overpriced IMO. I would wait a little to see what comes out in the near future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a plan, I was also thinking to do some better wheels, I have caps. Where do I begin?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are there any brown 17? I dont clean my wheels to often and I would like to keep it original as possible and honda didnt have any brown ones that came with the new civics.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
If you really want to get some ideas, click on the 'forum' link at the top of the page, and then scroll down to the modifications section. You will find discussions on everything you have questions about,and more (except maybe brown wheels :)).

Welcome to 9th Gen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts