9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Civic front.jpg hey everyone!! I am so happy to be here. I have always bought Civics but never an Si! I always wanted one but could never afford one. While today i bought a 2015 Civic Si Coupe and im so happy. I haven't slept since i brought it home and found this forum searching for Civic related information.

I am having an issue with my front plate but i made a separate post for that. I am from MA and previous owner never needed a front plate (lucky) Im reluctant to drill holes but it is zip tied for now til i figure out a solution. Im going to upload a picture since this a new member post. Civic Back.jpg Civic Side.jpg

Thank you everyone!! Im so happy to be apart of this new community!!

Sincerely,

Tim

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,568 Posts
Congrats and welcome to 9th gen.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
welcome....very nice ride you have there. i too live in a state which requires front plate (MO) and it irks me every time i have to do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the replys! I ended up getting my inspection sticker by just zip tying the front plate on. Im looking at some mounts/brackets that i could use on the internet. My main goal is to not have to drill in the front of the bumper.

If anyone knows of a specific one you would recommend ill check it out. I saw a few past posts on here about the same issue. I brought the issue up to the mechanic in my town and the manager at Napa but they both insisted to drill through the bumper.

Its my first time on these forums so im excited to check out the past posts and also read my manual to get a better understanding of the car. I have always liked Civics but could never afford a nice one so starting this journey knowing there is a place like this with other people who love Civics is really encouraging.

Thank you all again! Really appreciate the welcome :icon_wave:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
thanks for all the replys! I ended up getting my inspection sticker by just zip tying the front plate on. Im looking at some mounts/brackets that i could use on the internet. My main goal is to not have to drill in the front of the bumper.

If anyone knows of a specific one you would recommend ill check it out. I saw a few past posts on here about the same issue. I brought the issue up to the mechanic in my town and the manager at Napa but they both insisted to drill through the bumper.

Its my first time on these forums so im excited to check out the past posts and also read my manual to get a better understanding of the car. I have always liked Civics but could never afford a nice one so starting this journey knowing there is a place like this with other people who love Civics is really encouraging.

Thank you all again! Really appreciate the welcome :icon_wave:
Good luck looking for the bracket, i've never seen one that didn't require drilling into the bumper. I personally don't run one and just risk it. Haven't been pulled over yet for no plate with this car, knock on wood.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If itll fit zip tie it to the lower center grill with black zip ties. Will look cleaner than it is now at least. Also welcome aboard

·
Registered
998 Posts
If itll fit zip tie it to the lower center grill with black zip ties. Will look cleaner than it is now at least. Also welcome aboard
That is a great idea! Thanks friend. Ill do this tomorrow and see how it goes.
No problem bud. Id hate to have a front license plate but i did have to drill holes in my bumpers and sides for my HFP kit lol

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
No problem bud. Id hate to have a front license plate but i did have to drill holes in my bumpers and sides for my HFP kit lol
Yea but that's worth it. I wouldn't drill into the front of my bumper for an ugly plate I don't even want. Fight the power. Mine is pre drilled from the previous owner and I still ain't running a plate. Although if I had enough room to zip tie it to the bottom I would do that. Did that on my older civic, can kind of offset it as well.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yea but that's worth it. I wouldn't drill into the front of my bumper for an ugly plate I don't even want. Fight the power. Mine is pre drilled from the previous owner and I still ain't running a plate. Although if I had enough room to zip tie it to the bottom I would do that. Did that on my older civic, can kind of offset it as well.
Yeah but even still it made me feel uneasy drilling holes in my car lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts