9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone
New member here, just purchased a New 2013 Civic Si Coupe (White). At my age I grew up in the muscle car days having owned Mustangs and Camaro's back in the day. I have a 23 year old Son who has always had what he calls tuner cars, in his case Hondas/Acura’s and of course Dad has helped him work on them and he finally convened me to get one myself. Have about 1000 miles on my car now and have not done to many mods as of yet, Skunk2 brake and clutch sleeve covers, Yospeed battery tie down, BWR Oil Cap, OEM interior illumination kit, red led in dome light and trunk light, Si License plate frame, nitrogen filled tires, OEM wheel locks, OEM trunk tray, Dash Designs Dash Cover, and K&N cold air intake. Having a hard time finding 9th Gen accessories for the most part. Would like to find some nice upper radiator mount brackets and others things as well. Any direction and or help would be greatly appreciated.

ger1986
Tucson Arizona

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
Congrats on your new car, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. They are fun to drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome to the site.

So far I've only done tints and some wheel locks on my 13 Si. What you've done so far is along the lines of the direction I'm going.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
Welcome, ger. Enjoy the festivities.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome! Nitrogen filled tires is a gimmick that most dealers claim to put in your tires but it's normal air they are using. I know, some dealers may use legit nitrogen but a low point-percentile advantage isn't really a mod or something to be proud of.. It's just air?

I feel like a jerk, crushing your dreams. Learn up and study.. Lots of hype vs reality in the "tuner" world.

And lastly, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oooo....I am a mechanic on F-15's...we use Nit carts on our fighters' tires and it is not so magical, if you will. Nitrogen, air, molecules, they're all the same?

Either way, I wouldn't pay extra for Nitrogen. just make sure you keep your tires PSI at your owners manual standard.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Welcome! Make sure you wax your car:) Keeps it shiny and pretty! Plus, I read somewhere at some point in my life that it increase MPG by a tad bit. I sure hate to pay for fuel!

Good times and mileage for you, sir. Have fun:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oooo....I am a mechanic on F-15's...we use Nit carts on our fighters' tires and it is not so magical, if you will. Nitrogen, air, molecules, they're all the same?

Either way, I wouldn't pay extra for Nitrogen. just make sure you keep your tires PSI at your owners manual standard.
What exactly is the benefit supposed to be from Nitrogen inflated tires?

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
In answer to a couple of questions, the Intake is the K&N 69-1019TS
69 Series Typhoon Performance Intake Kit, oh yes I do have the windows tinted ----it is a must in Arizona in any car. As far as the nitrogen filled tires, well I did that myself, we keep it at work to top of large transformers at the Copper mines. Evacuated the tires down with the pump we use to pull out all the air on the transformers, and filled them up. If you do some research on Nitrogen filled tires you will find they do not nearly have the bleed off, no corrosion on the tire sensors (no moisture). As far as the questions to how do I like it compared to muscle cars of my day; well most have seen the Fast and Furious--------the old muscle cars still have their place, but drink allot more gas to get there. Again, still looking for JDM Accessories like the Upper Radiator support brackets, a nice oil dipstick instead of the cheap orange looking factory one, and a nice catback exhaust; leaning toward the
CT Engineering Stainless Steel Exhaust System, a little pricy at $700.00, but looks well engineered and sounds nice-----not cheap sewing machine sound like so many.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts