9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is my first post here, and also, will be going to pick up my new civic Si 4 door, I know its a 4 door, not as pure as the Coupe, but is has the same heart and soul, with a little more accessibility for the kids,, will post more pics when it get it later

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
congrats and welcome.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Nice car. Welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Congrats on the Si. Sounds like a win/win getting the car you want but being able to use it for practical dad stuff...so dont worry about it being a sedan...
Welcome to the 9th, good luck with the Civic!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Enjoying my new SI Sedan, great little car

So i posted a picture a while back of it arriving at the dealer still covered in the travel wrap, but now i have gotten it home, and had a tint job done on it , ,its looking pretty sharp too.

Having not ever driven the previous SI,, i can't compare them to each other, I have had some other pretty quick cars in the past, and the turbo surge, is something that i miss a bit,, but the upside of not having that is the fuel saving as i am pretty impressed with the average of 8.5 L /100KM that i have got so far,, Albeit i haven't been thrashing the engine too much, but when i have it gets to some license loosing speed pretty quickly.

All the dash electronics are pretty cool too, but honda has to add these options to compete with other brand that have them, its sort of the standard now. the premium audio system sounds really good to my ears, a lot better than the standard audio that is on the 8th gen 4 door sedan E-LX car that we also have.

So far i will give the new Si a big thumbs up, with at least a 9/10 mark, I know there are lots of faster cars out their, but for the price, this cars awesome, with the honda pedigree as well. big smiles :eusa_clap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow looks nice, I bought the exact car you have black as well, but havent got to have fun with it yet because its not broken in.....just wondering what percent tint was done on your windows, and can you even see good backing up at night? lol :Banane08:

·
Registered
10 Posts
The dealership in my town received its first si sedan yesterday and I took it home today. Love it so far! Any tips or tricks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments guys, the tint on the car is 20%. It looks great. But hopefully it won't cause to much aggravation with the cops, It's a little dark but you can make out the person sitting inside with good light . Not so much in bad light. I'll see what happens and change the front side windows if needed. But for now I will just run with it. I see a lot of guys running with at least that on there cars and trucks, so should be ok, as long as your not driving like an ass! Then it's another ticket on there list.
As for backing up at night. It's best to wind the windows down and use mirrors to see, The view out the back is not the best before the tint and now a little worse. But it's totally safe as long as you look take a extra second to check out Your gap before backing up

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think your car is beautiful. What other car has this level of performance, has as much quality, and costs as little as the Gen 9 Civic Si? Ans - none.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts