9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on?! Just bought a 2014 Civic Si, sedan and will take delivery on it tomorrow. I have been out of the Honda game for a bit but I am excited to be back! Used to post on forums a bit back when I had my 4g Prelude, but it has been awhile. Also used to be a part of NTPOG(North Texas Prelude Owners Group), but that was ages ago! Quick history below:

88 Crx Si - First car, ready to be sold havent moved it in about 10 years now.
92 Prelude Si - Fully Bolted, lightweight flywheel, JDM H22A Swapped, 189 to the wheels -Sold
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 - Lightweight Flywheel, BNR Stage 2 Turbo, 3" Downpipe, FreekTuned to 20psi - Project Car, needs engine rebuild

The Speed was my last daily, put about 20k miles a year on it and the headgasket finally decided to go out after 205k miles. Weird part is that it only failed on the outer perimeter and the motor is losing about a quart of oil every 100 miles. Not acceptable when I put roughly 450 miles a week on my daily.

Picked up the Si sedan for daily duty, lets see how she treats me!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,185 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

Will you be changing that blown head gasket?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to 9th gen.

Will you be changing that blown head gasket?
That is the plan!

Actually planning a full build. I figure it is the only way I would really trust the engine to be reliable. That and it gives me the opportunity to do something crazy with it.

As much as I love driving the Speed, it sure knows how to be a pain. If I didn't do all the work myself, there is no way I would have kept it as long as I have so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is going on?! Just bought a 2014 Civic Si, sedan and will take delivery on it tomorrow. I have been out of the Honda game for a bit but I am excited to be back! Used to post on forums a bit back when I had my 4g Prelude, but it has been awhile. Also used to be a part of NTPOG(North Texas Prelude Owners Group), but that was ages ago! Quick history below:

88 Crx Si - First car, ready to be sold havent moved it in about 10 years now.
92 Prelude Si - Fully Bolted, lightweight flywheel, JDM H22A Swapped, 189 to the wheels -Sold
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 - Lightweight Flywheel, BNR Stage 2 Turbo, 3" Downpipe, FreekTuned to 20psi - Project Car, needs engine rebuild

The Speed was my last daily, put about 20k miles a year on it and the headgasket finally decided to go out after 205k miles. Weird part is that it only failed on the outer perimeter and the motor is losing about a quart of oil every 100 miles. Not acceptable when I put roughly 450 miles a week on my daily.

Picked up the Si sedan for daily duty, lets see how she treats me!
I’m looking into getting a ‘14 Si as well 94k miles, how do you like it so far. Any upgrades yet ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts