9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So, I'm new to the whole civic scene. About three weeks ago I bought a 2012 Honda Civic coupe EX with Navigation, and so far, I'm absolutely loving it!

I really don't understand all the hate for this car. For months I planned on getting the new 2012 Focus hatchback. I test drove the new Elantra, the Focus, and the Cruze. At first, I had no intention of buying the new Civic, but the day before I set out to buy the Focus, I decided to give the Civic a test drive. I immediately fell in love. For me, the Civic felt like a much more solid vehicle all the way around. I felt like it drove better, the ride was smoother, and I'm a huge fan of the interior (I'm a tech geek. So being surrounded by multiple screens is a positive for me). I honestly think that some of these car reviewers didn't even bother to drive the **** car!

Anyway, here are some pics of my car. Windows will be tinted tomorrow!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome, and I completely agree. The two tier cluster and information screen, makes me feel like I'm flying a space craft rather then a car. Can't wait.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Welcome and I agree. I personally feel like I'm driving a new version of KITT from Knight Rider. lol
Its true a lot of the people writing negative reviews dont test drive it at all or they dont test drive it correctly, meaning they just take it for a drive on a short course in a parking lot around cones instead of on an actual road and some are just from personal opinions and nothing more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome and congrats. i'm hoping to get just about the exact model so i would like to know how much you payed otd. response much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome and congrats. i'm hoping to get just about the exact model so i would like to know how much you payed otd. response much appreciated
When I got to the dealership, they had a bunch of dealer adds on the car. The sticker price was somewhere around $25,400! After a lot of negotiating, I got them down to the MSRP price ($22,750), and I got the $7,000 I wanted for my trade in. I know that someone shouldn't brag about paying full MSRP, but since the car is so new, I realize that there aren't many dealers willing to budge underneath that. Plus, it didn't help that they had the only EX with Navigation within a 300 mile radius.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts