9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question for new civic owners

I got a new EX-L Nav Coupe last week and when I picked it up from the dealership they only gave me one key with the car.
They said they could'nt locate the other keys, I also noticed the glove box was empty with no books.

The salesman spent an hour trying to find these items.

We went to the garage where the new vehicle are stored and prept.
All we got from the staff there was "I don't know, I don't know."

The salesman found different sets of some loose keys but none of them worked.

At the end of it all the salesman told me he would order some new keys and the manuals that were missing for me and would take a few weeks.

My question for you fellow members is,

Can you list all the items I was supposed to get with my new civic
keys, number tags, books, cards, papers?

I want to make sure I get everything that my new civic was supposed come with.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got a new EX-L Nav Coupe last week and when I picked it up from the dealership they only gave me one key with the car.
They said they could'nt locate the other keys, I also noticed the glove box was empty with no books.

The salesman spent an hour trying to find these items.

We went to the garage where the new vehicle are stored and prept.
All we got from the staff there was "I don't know, I don't know."

The salesman found different sets of some loose keys but none of them worked.

At the end of it all the salesman told me he would order some new keys and the manuals that were missing for me and would take a few weeks.

My question for you fellow members is,

Can you list all the items I was supposed to get with my new civic
keys, number tags, books, cards, papers?

I want to make sure I get everything that my new civic was supposed come with.

Wow thats pretty crappy on the dealerships part to turn over a vehicle to you the way they did. Here is what your Civic should have came with:
2-Regular Keys
1-Valet Key

Also 1 cloth bag containing the following:

1-Service History Booklet w/ pages i-iv filled in
1-Warranties Booklet
1-Sonsumer Information Booklet
1-Technology Reference Guide
1-Tire Limited Warranty Pamplet
1-Owners Manual
1-Wheel Lock in a black zip bag

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow thats pretty crappy on the dealerships part to turn over a vehicle to you the way they did. Here is what your Civic should have came with:
2-Regular Keys
1-Valet Key

1-Warranties Booklet
1-Owners Manual
wow, yeah. that is really lame for the dealer to turn over a vehicle to you like that while missing all that stuff. it's one thing if it's used but when you are the first owner on a vehicle... hello. that's ridiculous.

when i sat down with my salesman to get all my paperwork done, part of the checklist was to go over all the manuals and everything with me. i actually initialed the first page saying that he went over all of it with me and even helped me sign up for ownerlink (which i had already done so previously, 'cuz i'm a geek like that. :p)

mine did not come with the wheel locks because those usually can be a purchased extra and i didn't choose to purchase them. but yeah, you should get everything else for sure.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
yeah, that dealership is crappy. But since they're willing to fix things, that's good. It is what 1sckex posted above.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
2-Regular Keys
1-Valet Key

1-Warranties Booklet
1-Owners Manual
:yeahthat:...exactly what i got with mine...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input.

What about a number tag for the keys and the security code card for the Stereo/Nav. In the future I will need that code eventually.

·
9thgen's Official E-thug
1,719 Posts
Thanks for the input.

What about a number tag for the keys and the security code card for the Stereo/Nav. In the future I will need that code eventually.
Well I got the number tag for the keys...I was told if i ever want to replicate my key, I would need to bring that tag and all 3 of my keys.... Not sure what theyll say if you only have 1 key.....

As far as the security code..i bought the lx so i dont even know if that radio has a code..but if it does i imagine its in the manual just like it was for the 8th gens

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks for the input.

actually, no security codes, the new civic is so electronically intertwined with the stereo and the i-mid, that the stereo actually recognizes your car. according to the manual, even if the power is cut to the stereo, after several miles of driving, it will "recognize" you car as the correct vehicle and resume working.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got the number tag for the keys...I was told if i ever want to replicate my key, I would need to bring that tag and all 3 of my keys.... Not sure what theyll say if you only have 1 key.....

As far as the security code..i bought the lx so i dont even know if that radio has a code..but if it does i imagine its in the manual just like it was for the 8th gens
So with out the number tag I cannot get extra keys made up?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome Massimo! Awesome choice. Thats exactly what i wanted! Fiancee kept me a little under that, we are trying to plan for wedding, etc...Got the EX Sedan, no Nav.

Great car though huh!? Good luck with it, and welcome to the 9th :fistpump:

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Massimo, If i were you i would INSIST on the dealer reprogramming all the keys when your extras come in. If you want any others besides the 2 regular and valet, you will have to order it and have it programmed. I thought the key tag was just for dealer inventory, i don't remember seeing anything else that would prevent me from being able to reprogram or add additional keys, you have proof of ownership afterall.

All they will do is plug into the ODBII port and reprogram. But if its anything like my Altima, you need all keys to be done at once or else any not done instantly wont work - obviously.

The reason i would insist on the dealer reprogramming your keys is that two of yours are floating around somewhere...and your address is on file. i would hate to think its some scam, but it would be easy to steal your car if someone has the keys in hand...now i like to think better of most, but better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason i would insist on the dealer reprogramming your keys is that two of yours are floating around somewhere...and your address is on file. i would hate to think its some scam, but it would be easy to steal your car if someone has the keys in hand...now i like to think better of most, but better safe than sorry.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

By the way today I got a Fedex envelope, There was 2 keys inside one main key and one valet key they were each sealed in a small plastic bag with HONDA printed on them.
I wonder if these were the original keys that were missing?

I ripped the bags open to look at the keys they looked cut already but when I tryed them the wireless remote in the key did'nt unlock the car.
When I tryed the key in the ignition the car powered up but the engine would not start.

I called them and they said I would have to come in and have the keys
programed and there waiting on the manuals.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
immobolizer? the key needs to be synch?

·
Registered
24 Posts
2-Regular Keys
1-Valet Key

1-Warranties Booklet
1-Owners Manual
That's exactly what mine came with. But now I realize that I left my Valet Key on the salesman's desk. :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing.

By the way today I got a Fedex envelope, There was 2 keys inside one main key and one valet key they were each sealed in a small plastic bag with HONDA printed on them.
I wonder if these were the original keys that were missing?

I ripped the bags open to look at the keys they looked cut already but when I tryed them the wireless remote in the key did'nt unlock the car.
When I tryed the key in the ignition the car powered up but the engine would not start.

I called them and they said I would have to come in and have the keys
programed and there waiting on the manuals.
Yup! The remote unlock can be done usually outside the dealer but it's quicker and easier to have them do it. When the dealer programs the keys should knock off the codes to the original missing ones... Just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
25 Posts
So with out the number tag I cannot get extra keys made up?
I got a spare metal-only key made to keep in my wallet just in case I ever lock my keys in my car, and they didn't even need my key to do it. A week after I took the car home I just walked in, gave them my name and they had everything they needed on file.

Side note for anyone who needs spare keys made, lots of places can't do this style of key since the cut doesn't go all the way through. The dealership I got my car from made my metal-only spare for $10, I thought that was pretty reasonable.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts