9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone can help me here. My 2015 Civic EX Coupe was taken to a body shop by my insurance company. They replace the trunk lid and now the subwoofer and trunk light dont work. It also does not show that my trunk is open on my display. Both the right rear and left rear tweeters work just not the sub. I do not want to take it back to thos place they did a horrible job on the repairs and had my car for 3 weeks and it wasnt necessary. I have some knowledge with working on my car but I'm not sure where to start with this. Could it be a fuse or relay or is it a wiring issue?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,354 Posts
Welcome to 9th gen.

Just for future reference (because I have dealt with this, myself many times in the past), find, or have recommended by a trusted source, a body shop and mechanic you can trust in all regards, and use them exclusively. My body shop handles everything, from working with appraisers to completing the job. Left up to the insurance company, they just want it done as cheaply as possible, and mistakes and omissions often occur.

Regardless of the job they did, the shop you used needs to complete it. Then be done with them forever.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
call the insurance company and let them know that the repair isn't correct. tell them what is not working. more than likely, i'm guessing you'll have to take it back to the same facility to get those items repaired. also, you didn't state it if was your insurance company who paid the bill or someone else's insurance company who paid the bill. someone else's company will try to get by with the cheapest repair bill, where as yours should ensure the repair was correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to 9th gen.

Just for future reference (because I have dealt with this, myself many times in the past), find, or have recommended by a trusted source, a body shop and mechanic you can trust in all regards, and use them exclusively. My body shop handles everything, from working with appraisers to completing the job. Left up to the insurance company, they just want it done as cheaply as possible, and mistakes and omissions often occur.

Regardless of the job they did, the shop you used needs to complete it. Then be done with them forever.
call the insurance company and let them know that the repair isn't correct. tell them what is not working. more than likely, i'm guessing you'll have to take it back to the same facility to get those items repaired. also, you didn't state it if was your insurance company who paid the bill or someone else's insurance company who paid the bill. someone else's company will try to get by with the cheapest repair bill, where as yours should ensure the repair was correct.
It was my insurance and my car was stolen. I contacted the insurance adjuster and he said if we did any more repairs they would probably total the car. Which I think is not right at all. I'm afraid to take it back there cuz they did such a horrible job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with above statments of looking for a reputable garage, and let your insurance company know that the work done was not properly done, am sure they will get you some money to get it fixed properly. leave a bad review and let your friends know about them and stay away. Best of luck with your problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts