9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Black 2012 Honda Civic LX and im starting to do some appearance mods. I have removed the civic logo and plastiDipped the rear H logo. I also PlastiDipped the silver H on the front grill. I plan on getting 20% tints all the way around as well as tinting the rear tail lights.

I really want to swap the tail lights and daytime running lights for LEDs but im not sure where to buy them.

Has anybody swapped their lights with LEDs and if so where did you find them and how hard was it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Welcome! I relplaced by DRL's with LEDs. I got them on eBay and the listing I got is not longer on there. Try looking for 64SMD LED's with a decoder.

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
welcome

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Welcome :driving:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Newbie looking for some pointers.

Hello all,

I recently aquired a 2012 Honda Civic Lx Sedan and im starting to do some appearance mods.

Ive decided to swap the daytime running lights with LEDs, install blue piping in the doors and possibly dash, install an Ez-Lip and possibly install a led kit from ledglow.com

I hava a few concerns with isntalling some of the items.

For those that have installed the blue piping, how difficult was it and what tools did you find made it easier.

For those that have swapped their daytime running ligts with a kit from jdmtoy.com or something similar, do you have any issuese with warning lights on teh iMID

And for those that have installed the led kit from ledglow.com, how difficult was it to run all the necessary wires and tie them into the fuse box??

any feedback would be appreciated!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Piping: they used fingers, credit cards, or other tools that aren't a danger for scratching. There's a good thread about it somewheres...

oh yeah, try ​9th Gen Civic General Section > DIY Section > Interior Styling > Interior Door Piping (Welt) Trimming

·
Registered
947 Posts
I replied to your message about the welt pipping. As for the DRL LED's, I did that too. Just make sure you get the decoder that comes with the LED bulbs and you'll be good. The LED kit from LEDGlow is really easy to install. Just make sure you get the mini add-a-circuit to go with the kit and you'll be set with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts