9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone from SoCal!
My name is Aaron and I just bought a brand new 2012 Civic Si, white.

I'm sorry if this isn't the right section for this post, I'm a newb.

Anyway, I have a little money that I want to put into the car and these are my options.

#1 HID retro fit - $600.00 with TSX projectors. I would have the work done at a local well known and highly recommended shop. Issue with this is that I would have to wait about 2.5 more weeks for money, parts and install.

#2 Hondata ECU reflash - $350 I'm sure that the majority of people on here are familiar with the reflash. I would prefer flash-pro but as you probably know, it's not out yet!!! So spend $350 for 15 peak hp? I don't really drive her hard anyway. The horsepower increase would be nice just for scooting around town, though.

#3 Eibach 1.25" lowering springs - $250 - I would install the springs with a buddy of mine, seeing as how I haven't ever installed springs before. Would the 1.25" drop affect my stock struts in a negative way?

I need to make a decision tonight so I can order the parts for this weekend.

Opinions plz!!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'd say go with the projectors! Retrofits are awesome cause you can do them however you want! Hold off on the reflash as flash-pro should be coming soon. And Eibach springs are also a great choice but I'm personally not a fan of these springs because they don't drop as much as I would like.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
I'd say go with the projectors! Retrofits are awesome cause you can do them however you want! Hold off on the reflash as flash-pro should be coming soon. And Eibach springs are also a great choice but I'm personally not a fan of these springs because they don't drop as much as I would like.
So many things! It'll be hard to decide what to do first when the winter is done!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Welcome! I say #3, and for the mean time order some nice Nokya or PIAA bulbs for the time being.

FG3 SQUAD MEMBER #5
word, you can do all that for under $500, and itll definitely turn some heads. those are the first things on my list too :wigglesmiley:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
word, you can do all that for under $500, and itll definitely turn some heads. those are the first things on my list too :wigglesmiley:
i need 27" wheels on my civic!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
i need 27" wheels on my civic!
me too!! and i need hydraulics so i can bounce my car up and down. AND big @$$ speakers so i can drive down the street blasting my music and not care that i'm pissing everyone off because i want everyone to hear my shitty music that no one else likes! :icon_headfones:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You created pouty face??? :hail:

·
RevHung
181 Posts
Welcome to the forums !

Its your car do what feels right.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
You must ask yourself one question: Would I prefer to have the car looking sweeter than it presently sits or would I prefer to have my ride driving faster than it presently does?

If you are a guy for the looks then choose the drop and eventually rims. The lights can wait. A drop looks good during the day and at night. The drop also improves handling which makes it more fun to scoot.

If you prefer to scoot faster then go with reflash.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I finally found the Eibach springs that I wanted. Seems like everyone has them on back order, I got the last set from tirerack.com!! I will be installing them this weekend, pics will follow! I think the retrofit will be next, while I wait for Flash-pro.

Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts