9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Steve and I reside from Jersey. Currently I drive a 2010 EvoX GSR with some bolts making 361/355. I love the car to death, but I can no longer afford the insurance, maintenance costs, and overall attention it is receiving in daily driving, thus I am now resorting to selling it. I looked into numerous cars between the 15-30k price range and was pretty intrigued by the 2013si coupe extensive list of features. That, and I don't ever see myself driving an automatic again. I just turned 26 years of age and need something just a little bit more practical to get me around. My other choices were between a corolla-s which seemed a little too low in power for my taste and a brz which may provide to be a nuisance in some of the crazy winters we have down here. Honestly, I feel like reality has hit me in the face and I no longer care for being turbocharged or AWD (im a pretty safe driver) as long as I get the reliability and ability to just simply bang gears when I get the urge. With that being said, I am looking at 2013 Si's. I don't really like the rear of the sedan and honestly prefer the appearance of the coupe, so I have my eyes pretty much set on that. I plan on "debadging" for even less attention, drop on springs with sways, an intake that provides the good whoosh sound although I haven't really looked into that yet, and perhaps pick up a decent pair of projectors in the future unless the light output of the current halogens would allow me to actually see where I am going at night. I am debating on a catback, but that would come a little further down the road. One thing I did stumble upon was the "rev hang" issue that has plagued previous models and would like to know if it has been reduced/eliminated with the 2013si models. I hope everyone can understand the situation I am in and not hassle me for the "downgrade".

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Hello everyone! My name is Steve and I reside from Jersey. Currently I drive a 2010 EvoX GSR with some bolts making 361/355. I love the car to death, but I can no longer afford the insurance, maintenance costs, and overall attention it is receiving in daily driving, thus I am now resorting to selling it. I looked into numerous cars between the 15-30k price range and was pretty intrigued by the 2013si coupe extensive list of features. That, and I don't ever see myself driving an automatic again. I just turned 26 years of age and need something just a little bit more practical to get me around. My other choices were between a corolla-s which seemed a little too low in power for my taste and a brz which may provide to be a nuisance in some of the crazy winters we have down here. Honestly, I feel like reality has hit me in the face and I no longer care for being turbocharged or AWD (im a pretty safe driver) as long as I get the reliability and ability to just simply bang gears when I get the urge. With that being said, I am looking at 2013 Si's. I don't really like the rear of the sedan and honestly prefer the appearance of the coupe, so I have my eyes pretty much set on that. I plan on "debadging" for even less attention, drop on springs with sways, an intake that provides the good whoosh sound although I haven't really looked into that yet, and perhaps pick up a decent pair of projectors in the future unless the light output of the current halogens would allow me to actually see where I am going at night. I am debating on a catback, but that would come a little further down the road. One thing I did stumble upon was the "rev hang" issue that has plagued previous models and would like to know if it has been reduced/eliminated with the 2013si models. I hope everyone can understand the situation I am in and not hassle me for the "downgrade".
Dude, you're downgrading? Im gonna hassle you now!!!

Bahahaha I'm just kidding:) welcome to 9thgencivic.com. We're a pretty friendly bunch around here. I completely understand your situation though. And I dont blame you for wanting a coupe, tis what I have:)

So are you definitely going to get one? Or are you still meandering through the market?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty set on this...

Purchase of a flashpro seems like a cakewalk compared to what I invested in the X.
Also, I saw 2012 Civic halogen light output and it was 3x more decent than that of the base model X. I assume the 2013si uses the same lights, but I can always upgrade to projectors in the future.

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
I am pretty set on this...

Purchase of a flashpro seems like a cakewalk compared to what I invested in the X.
Also, I saw 2012 Civic halogen light output and it was 3x more decent than that of the base model X. I assume the 2013si uses the same lights, but I can always upgrade to projectors in the future.
I wish I could help you more when it comes to performance mods, but I only know a few things here and there from owning an LX. Flashpro doesnt seem too complicated. As for the headlights, I never saw them as that great, but im coming from a 2000 A6 with HIDs. Team3d imports the asian honda projectors; he's pretty much the only way to get projectors unless you retrofit. Glad to hear you're pretty certain on your decision. I think youd be the first '13 coupe here!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I wish I could help you more when it comes to performance mods, but I only know a few things here and there from owning an LX. Flashpro doesnt seem too complicated. As for the headlights, I never saw them as that great, but im coming from a 2000 A6 with HIDs. Team3d imports the asian honda projectors; he's pretty much the only way to get projectors unless you retrofit. Glad to hear you're pretty certain on your decision. I think youd be the first '13 coupe here!
The Asian ones are halogen projectors. Not that great. It's better to get minimorto h1 projectors and retro fit it yourself for 250 instead of wasting a grand on those projectors IMO.Hell you can get some awesome retro fit for one grand. Unless you want everything OEM like team3d does. Welcome to the 9th and post some pics of your EVO! I love Evo's hope to own an Evo X one day. As for rev hang, just get flash pro. It seems like you'll be doing a lot of mods anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are some pics of the X. So I take it the rev hang in 2013 is still present? It hasn't lessened?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sweet ride! If you're looking to downgrade but still want the manual car to be a good daily driver with excitement then this is your car. Many great features on the new '13s and you won't have much hassle with a Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I'm sure someone in Jersey will be very happy with it or I may try to do a direct trade and eat what I lost. I haven't gotten a chance to test drive it yet, but you are right... shouldn't have any hassles with Honda. A coworker of mine has a 92 Civic and replaced the clutch once when his motor blew at 240k. He beat the hell out of that thing. Also looking forward to accidentally launching the test drive car since my previous clutch was an exedy twin hd and that thing was a beast to get the car moving lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts