9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, will be replacing a 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 track. I bought the car in February and within 4 weeks got a promotion at work that has me driving anywhere from 300-700 miles a week and will need four doors for taking people out to lunch, etc. I test drove several cars but think I'll be getting back into a Civic with a '13 Si sedan, non-Nav.

Every dealer I go to has them in black or white, kind of hard to find in any other colors on hand.

Any suggestions on color?

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
White looks best IMO.

How did you like your Genesis coupe? I really like the styling of that car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would go white the 13 sedan looks really good in white black is way hard to take care of i had a 2012 wrangler that was black it sucked. If u find a red one i would pick that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was waffling between a Gen Coupe and Civic and decided to go with my roots and the Si in TW. My only regret is getting the sedan instead of the coupe but that's not your question so I'll recommend a TW Si, like everyone else it seems. Did you have a manual or auto genesis btw?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6 speed track genesis coupe, great car, plenty of power. I got a track model that comes with LSD and Brembo's. Runs on any grade of fuel and gets in the high 26 mpg range cruising around 70-75.

I don't want a black one, pain to keep clean, but I'd really like to see a red on in person before buying the white.

I have owned a bunch of M3's and 944 turbo's over the years but now I'm 40 and need something a little tamer to drive every day. I'll probably get another S2000 in the next year but keep it as a 2nd car for the wife and I to take out, I have had a 2001 and 2004 S2k and loved it, great car.

I bought my first civic back in '94, Super Street was only a few issues old back then I think lol. I had a buddy I had autocrossed with that was working with Jackson Racing and hooked me up with an early development SC kit for the 95 ex I had bought. I think I was one of the first 7 to get one and the first one not installed by Jackson, and I think Oscar Jackson was still turning the wrenches on them.

Civic is a good daily for a responsible older guy not wanting a boring car to commute in. I'll get a little bored with it in the first 3-6 months but then I'll just start pouring some mods onto the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
OP, Have you considered an ILX? Same engine, but the interior is a lot nicer...I know you wont get all the "sportiness" of an SI, but i figure its no a big deal since you're already downgrading from a 3.8L, 300HP, RWD brembo-clad beast lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, but finding a manual tranny ilx 2.4 in the DFW area without dropping over $30k for a new one is difficult. I had a line on one last week but it was a bait car on craigslist for a dealer that never had the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hate those bait cars. The dealer had a blue one and a silver on the lot. I didn't like the blue as it looked plain. Wish Honda would have an si specific color like that blue they had. I saw a red coupe- very bland

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have a Dyno Blue Pearl Si coupe, and I'm looking at trading for a Dyno Blue Pearl Si sedan.

I think the Dyno Blue color really pops on the Si model - I get compliments on it daily. I'm not crazy how it looks on the non-si models, but it definitely is a head turner while not being "too" extreme.

I have to tell you, Rallye Red bores me to tears I think it washes out the taillights and just looks cheap. No disrespect to anyone who has a red Civic, but red has never done it for me.

I normally hate white cars, but the white Si sedan for 2013 looks really sharp. The Sunburst Orange is a really nice color too if you're looking at a redder car - its not as orange as you might think it is...more burnt orange with lots of darker red tint to it.

I won't do black ever again - the Civics paint is notoriously soft and after one winter, my rocker panels looked 10 years old even with regular washing. I like the grey color, but its pretty common.

Some people think Dyno Blue is too 'flashy' but I disagree - its clarity and depth changes depending on the lighting. On bright, sunny days its got a deep pearly, cerulean blue tone to it, but on overcast days, its got a subdued, paler blue to it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think the Dyno Blue color really pops on the Si model - I get compliments on it daily. I'm not crazy how it looks on the non-si models, but it definitely is a head turner while not being "too" extreme.
It's the exact same color on SI & Non-SI, unless you are referring to the other shade of Dyno Blue that went out on some '12 models.

396773_4027963254064_57514175_n.jpg IMG_0856.jpg

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It's the exact same color on SI & Non-SI, unless you are referring to the other shade of Dyno Blue that went out on some '12 models.

View attachment 33801 View attachment 33809

I know they're the same (minus the variances in Dyno Blue Pearl I and II on the 2012s), I just never liked how it looked on the non-Si models from a personal perspective. I was a bit annoyed they allowed it to become a non-Si color. I actually liked the Atomic Blue Pearl color from the 8th gens.

I know the cars aren't that different aesthetically - the non-Si from the Si, but I just like how the color looks on Si's better. I know that's weird haha.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
I know the cars aren't that different aesthetically - the non-Si from the Si, but I just like how the color looks on Si's better. I know that's weird haha.
No I feel the same way. I got PMM Si sedan and love the color on the Si but I don't think I would of got PMM if I bought a non Si.
Also wish Honda offered more colors in the Si like Crimson red and Kona.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts