9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...we bought Civic LX couple of months ago. Loving the gas mileage. Used to drive large sedan and SUV. Civic feels very light and easy. Except for it not being flashy, we love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not flashy yes, but why do I get continual looks? I drove a Ford five-hundred before this car and let me tell you, the civic is by far superior in every aspect. Since the Ford was AWD and Montreal winters can be tricky, I think the Ford would be better in the snow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2012 Civic really has road noise?

I know 2011 and prior year Civics said to have lots of road noise and all critic reviews are also saying 2012 Civic has the same road noise.

We have bought 2012 Civic recently. We never owned 8th gen Civic so I cannot compare that with 2012. But here is what I want to say. Our other car is Lexus RX350 which is very well known for quiet cabin. We have had that for more than 2 years now. Being used to that car, when we drive 2012 Civic, we expected to be too concerned about the road noise. But believe us or not, we don't feel much road noise at all.

Not sure what everyone is talking about. Seriously, we don't see any road noise which bothers us at all.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I test drove an 11 and 12 back to back on the interstate and would say the 12 is slightly quieter. Only time I have an issue with road noise are on the roads that are made like sandpaper for tires.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I came from a Mazda 3 that had a lot of road noise so the Civic is almost sound proof to me. The road noise which to me is very minimal is from the Firestone tires they put on the car. Thats the only noise I hear.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I know 2011 and prior year Civics said to have lots of road noise and all critic reviews are also saying 2012 Civic has the same road noise.

We have bought 2012 Civic recently. We never owned 8th gen Civic so I cannot compare that with 2012. But here is what I want to say. Our other car is Lexus RX350 which is very well known for quiet cabin. We have had that for more than 2 years now. Being used to that car, when we drive 2012 Civic, we expected to be too concerned about the road noise. But believe us or not, we don't feel much road noise at all.

Not sure what everyone is talking about. Seriously, we don't see any road noise which bothers us at all.

What do you guys think?
I come from a 2007 Accord V6 MT coupe (which is already louder than a Lexus) to a 4-door EX-L and I would say it's definitely louder. Not sure is the tire or the car, but I actually hear noise over newly paved smooth black asphalt, which my old Accord only made some tiny amount of high pitch whine (phew-phew noise) from the tires.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got a '12 EX-L/Nav and think the road noise is more than reasonable. I traded in a Ridgeline and I think the Civic is as quiet or quieter on the highway than the Ridge. My wife had an 01 Civic EX and I was taken by how quiet the new Civics are. I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Welcome to the 9th! While maybe not as flashy as an Elantra - it still turns heads because its not the same civic people are used to in the past 5-6 years.
It definitely stands out, and the gas mileage is great! I'm loving my EX on the opposite coast! :)

Good luck with the new ride!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
I think the car is very quiet and comfortable. Very very little road noise compared to my 06 Altima that i traded in for it. Even on some graded roads that are under construction...its not terrible. I am one to keep the radio low too usually, so no need to turn up to quiet the roads:)

Added the Trunk Liner to my EX, and while it probably did little for road noise while driving, it made the trunk sound a lot less "cheap" and clunky. Sounds solid and high quality when closing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I come from a 2007 Accord V6 MT coupe
My J30a4 Gen7 6-6 coupe has road noise and also has real visual cues in common with the 2012 Civic coupe. The Si has essentially the same transmission........(but a smaller 4-cyl, lighter weight, better fuel economy albeit somewhat slower 0-60/QM).

Any buyer's remorse in replacing your Accord with a Civic?

I've yet to drive the new Si coupe, but it sure is a contender.

ez....

·
Registered
597 Posts
The Si has essentially the same transmission........(but a smaller 4-cyl, lighter weight, better fuel economy albeit somewhat slower 0-60/QM).
Accord's transmission has gear ratios much bigger than the Si, 1st gear was at 3.99 which makes V6 to reach 31mph at red line and 62 in 2nd gear. Si is only able to make it to 58 on 2nd gear (even on the previous gen that has redline at 8000rpm). However the Si does have LSD while the Accord doesn't.

Fuel economy wise, I was able to drive from Horizon Blvd in Socorro, TX into downtown Phoneix near Sky Harbor in 1 tank, and the light just turned on right before I went to gas station.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nothing compares to my 92 accord. I can't even hold a conversation. Plus the a/c doesn't work so the windows are always down. Can't wait for my si to get here.

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
there's no road noise for me either. its great. the only time i hear alot of noise is when im revving the car when trying to pass someone on the highway.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I had a 2010 Nissan Murano SL tech/Premium package and sold it and bought this amazing 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Navi. All praises for its sensible, reasonable quietness and fuel efficiency. I love this car so much. About CR report on the 9th gen civic,,, who cares about their report...:wigglesmiley::dancingcoolsmiley:

1 - 20 of 131 Posts