9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. like the title says, i'm a new civic owner looking to learn here. this is my first car ever so i really have zero knowledge about mods. much help needed, and i was hoping i could get some tips and advice from elders here :cool: well anyways i'm sure you all know how the stock lx coupe looks like, and i need some advice. so i just bought foglights from college hill honda, which is a start. next thing i want to work on are my headlights. no idea where to start about these. i'm looking for a clean white light instead of the factory yellowish. any help on this? and i don't want it too flashy or extremely bright light, just a clean pure white light for my headlights. thanks alot everyone! nothing illegal!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
There are a lot of mods you can do to your car so it really all depends on what you want to change about your vehicle. Just to list a few:

1)HFP body kit
2)New Wheels
3)New LEDs for interior map, dome, trunk lights
4)Plasti dip emblems or JDM emblems
5)New sound system (Speakers, subs, touch screen head unit)
6)Ambient lighting
7)Etc Etc Etc

As far as changing your headlights, you might wanna look for some HIDs. I have provided help here and here

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
if you want hid's and want them cheap you should look up ddmtuning. it sounds like you may went the 5000k.

this could be what you're looking for:

next thing i would get if i were you would be tints and rims. those change the look of the car the most.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
if you want hid's and want them cheap you should look up ddmtuning. it sounds like you may went the 5000k.

this could be what you're looking for:

next thing i would get if i were you would be tints and rims. those change the look of the car the most.
40$ that's a deal

Brought to you by the one and only Kid Jdee
FB2 squad #17

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies everyone. what's the difference with HIDS? and would you suggest 55W or 35W? and what's bulbtype/adapter cables and other sections required on the ddmtuning you just showed me? sorry for the massive questions!

·
Registered
947 Posts
thanks for the replies everyone. what's the difference with HIDS? and would you suggest 55W or 35W? and what's bulbtype/adapter cables and other sections required on the ddmtuning you just showed me? sorry for the massive questions!
Enter in exactly what he has in the picture. 35W, 9006 Bulb Size, 5000K-6000K is what you have to decide between for color and the rest you don't need!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright i got it. i just watched a video and it seems like 35w doesn't provide a safe driving condition? anyone have any insight on 50w vs 35w?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trading in my LX Coupe 15k miles.

Anyone know how much I would be looking at to trade in my '12 Civic Coupe LX without roughly about 15k miles and get an SI? I know the best bet is to ask a dealer, but if anyone had a quick guesstimate it'd be nice, thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
In Canada $14, 000 then they put in on lot for $17, 900

sent from my galaxy s3

proud owner of 2012 si sedan w nav, crystal black pearl built in Alliston.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i just traded in my Ex with sunroof package, not a lick of tread left on the tires, had 33,000kms, they gave me 18,500$ Canadian,, picked up an SI same color, coupe as well. i lost a fair bit but i really didn't care after i drove the SI, any price was worth it to me

oh and they put it on the lot for "20,000$ was 22,000$",, and i noticed a dent on the hood when i passed by one day

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Sell it outright? I think trading in is a mistake on a car this new.Even if you went 1000 under KBB you will do fine,IMO

·
Registered
947 Posts
check out kbb.com!

Oh, and why trade it in? You could get probably $2000-3000 more if you sell it yourself.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Trade ins are a salesmanship dream! A late or current model trade is the ultimate dream for them. They smell blood. I would avoid at all costs !

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 20 of 23 Posts