9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
last week I bought some Konig- Control Matte Black 18" x 8" and I'm not sure what tires to buy with them, I want some cheap long-lasting but don't know what brands work best. also if I get spacers and flares/widebody kit. what website(s) are good for selling flares/kits? cheap but good/high quality parts

·
I Need A Vacation
13,541 Posts
Do yourself a favour and never cheap out on tires. The only contact patch keeping you and your car attached to the road are your four tires. The difference in traction, cornering and stopping between junk tires and quality tires is huge just watch some YouTube videos you'll be shocked the difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do yourself a favour and never cheap out on tires. The only contact patch keeping you and your car attached to the road are your four tires. The difference in traction, cornering and stopping between junk tires and quality tires is huge just watch some YouTube videos you'll be shocked the difference.
any advice on spacers or flares? widebody kits?? what brand tires do you think work best?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have lexani tires and they're cheap. Not made in China or Mexico. Put over 20k and still look brand new. Would I track with this? No. Great for highways. 94 W and Treadwear 500AA just understand the test ratings.
You could of avoided spacers by buying certain offset and/or wider rims.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,541 Posts
any advice on spacers or flares? widebody kits?? what brand tires do you think work best?
Don’t have any experience with widebody kits and not a fan of spacers. As far as tires go stick with the top tier brands like Michelin, Bridgestone, Continental, Yokohama etc.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,487 Posts
It really depends what you're going to do with the car.

I have a set of Kumhos, and for the regular driving I do they are great. They're quiet, not harsh, handle rain well (no snow last winter so I don't know about that yet), and are supposed to be long lasting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
last week I bought some Konig- Control Matte Black 18" x 8" and I'm not sure what tires to buy with them, I want some cheap long-lasting but don't know what brands work best. also if I get spacers and flares/widebody kit. what website(s) are good for selling flares/kits? cheap but good/high quality parts
I had the same issue when buying rims, i currently have a set of 18x9.5 with 35 offset on a 225. They are stretched but the look its awesome, i have some pics @that_orange_si my account its open just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts