9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home my brand new 2013 Civic SI w/o navi and with all-season tires. It is awesome! Pictures to follow. I traded in my 2011 EX, which was a great car. I wanted a car I would love and actually enjoy driving to work every morning. I think the performance is just right. It can pull uphill in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear. I've driven quite a few manual cars and this one has probably the best shifter I've ever seen and the clutch biting point is very easy to find. The gears are perfectly spaced. The power comes on smoothly and predictably. It has just the right amount of power. The ride is surprisingly good. It corners like few other FWD cars can. The addition of the I-mid system will have me reading the manual for the coming weeks. There is a lot you can do with it. I was considering a WRX or a VW GTI as alternatives. WRX's are pricey and don't get the greatest fuel economy, also AWD isn't really necessary in San Diego. I was close to getting a GTI until I read the message boards complaining about endless rattles and little things constantly going out, which I have very little patience for. I had a Mustang before. It was fun to drive when it wasn't in the shop. Plus this car is really a pretty good deal considering the performance and the refinement. I wouldn't change a thing about it yet, other than maybe some light tint to keep it cooler for the summer. The only issue I've had so far is that I don't like to drive fast ALL the time (especially in areas where it's easy to set up speed traps). And in the few hours I've had it, I've had at least 10 people either try to race me or tailgate me while I'm driving like 15 over the speed limit. But, that's not an issue with the car so much as other people on the road.

TL;DR: very well balanced car for a more than reasonable price.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics taken today: Civic_Front.jpg Civic_Back.jpg .

Anyone else notice other drivers driving ridiculously aggressive after buying this car for no reason?

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
Well said MrDan, we're definitely on the same page. The Si has been a complete joy since the day I bought it! I'm a commuter myself, 2 hours daily on the road during the work week and some fun ass-haulin on the weekends. :vtec228: Congratz on the sweet ride!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pics taken today: View attachment 29201 View attachment 29209 .

Anyone else notice other drivers driving ridiculously aggressive after buying this car for no reason?
I have noticed that a lot. I have owned two different 240sx's, a celica, and an eclipse gt and people try to race the civic Si way more than all the other's combined. People just seem to have some preconceptions about civic Si owners.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Pics taken today: View attachment 29201 View attachment 29209 .

Yeah after I got my si I instantly noticed it getting more looks good and bad. What I really noticed though was the increase in the number of people that wanted to race me mostly those shitty ass V6 grand Am's then mini coopers and not surprising those riced out civic si's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
Yeah after I got my si I instantly noticed it getting more looks good and bad. What I really noticed though was the increase in the number of people that wanted to race me mostly those shitty ass V6 grand Am's then mini coopers and not surprising those riced out civic si's

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got fed up one day. I was on my way to work and while patiently waiting at a stop light, a young woman in a V6 mustang pulled up in the next lane and started revving at me. I just shook my head and continued to wait. Anyways, she kept revving at me like her car was hot shit, so when the light turned green I hit it. She jumped out almost a car length right at first but by 3rd gear I caught up. You should've seen the dumbfounded look on her face as I started pulling away from her. I don't condone street racing because it's dangerous and illegal, but I will say it felt GREAT knocking that lady off her high horse.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I test drove a brand new v6 mustang (one of the ones with 305 hp), and they have a better quarter mile time than our cars but man do they feel fat and slow just driving it around. The visibility in the thing is piss poor too. I mean the visibility in all cars is pretty bad compared to my titan, but compared to the civic I could barely see out of that thing.

·
Snake Eyes
1,648 Posts
I test drove a brand new v6 mustang (one of the ones with 305 hp), and they have a better quarter mile time than our cars but man do they feel fat and slow just driving it around. The visibility in the thing is piss poor too. I mean the visibility in all cars is pretty bad compared to my titan, but compared to the civic I could barely see out of that thing.
Yeah, the new V6 mustang would probably smoke me. I don't know what year hers was but I was able to pull away from it. It was newer, but definitely not a 2013.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean. I got fed up one day. I was on my way to work and while patiently waiting at a stop light, a young woman in a V6 mustang pulled up in the next lane and started revving at me. I just shook my head and continued to wait. Anyways, she kept revving at me like her car was hot shit, so when the light turned green I hit it. She jumped out almost a car length right at first but by 3rd gear I caught up. You should've seen the dumbfounded look on her face as I started pulling away from her. I don't condone street racing because it's dangerous and illegal, but I will say it felt GREAT knocking that lady off her high horse.

Ha ha agreed I do not condone illegal street racing either but when someone asks for a whooping a whooping must be delivered =P I haven't come across a mustang yet but I have come across a lexus is250 and either it was an is350 or an es350 but I'm fairly certain it was an is350. Bit anywho I left both eating dust. I've been anxious for a 350z to give me a run ha ha I see them all of the time but none of them do anything. Maybe they think they are too good? Or maybe they just want to make sure they don't want to look like a fool just in case they do lose to an si lol. Oh! And my uncle raced a Bentley kike an idiot and got surprise surprise.... smoked lol I laught when he said a Bentley whooped his ass. =P

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ha ha agreed I do not condone illegal street racing either but when someone asks for a whooping a whooping must be delivered =P I haven't come across a mustang yet but I have come across a lexus is250 and either it was an is350 or an es350 but I'm fairly certain it was an is350. Bit anywho I left both eating dust. I've been anxious for a 350z to give me a run ha ha I see them all of the time but none of them do anything. Maybe they think they are too good? Or maybe they just want to make sure they don't want to look like a fool just in case they do lose to an si lol. Oh! And my uncle raced a Bentley kike an idiot and got surprise surprise.... smoked lol I laught when he said a Bentley whooped his ass. =P

I don't like to street race either. But lets just say a 350z and a s2000 couldn't keep up and there faces were pricless

1 - 20 of 31 Posts