9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, so feel free to move as necessary.

But, after 2 years on the forum the sites banner image hasn't changed from the same image of one of the worst colors on this car, viewed from one of the worst angles. When I used to be on CRSX, after a background had grown stale members would submit ideas for a new one and from those submissions a select few would be chosen and then voted on. Is it possible for us to do that here?

·
Registered
989 Posts
i have photoshop skillz and would submit one. the banner image has grinded my gears since day 1.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think that it might be a cool idea to run a contest and let people submit pictures of their own car that could possible be incorporated into the banner image. I would much rather see a custom civic in the image that a generic image. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, so feel free to move as necessary.

But, after 2 years on the forum the sites banner image hasn't changed from the same image of one of the worst colors on this car, viewed from one of the worst angles. When I used to be on CRSX, after a background had grown stale members would submit ideas for a new one and from those submissions a select few would be chosen and then voted on. Is it possible for us to do that here?
so in your opinion what's the worst color and side view is the worst angle? I agree it's time for change colors and angles are a matter of taste my .02

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
so in your opinion what's the worst color and side view is the worst angle? I agree it's time for change colors and angles are a matter of taste my .02
A new site banner is a great idea. Get some submissions together and members vote, majority rules.

·
Administrator
675 Posts
Hey guys,

We're getting a new banner. BUT FIRST! Would you like your civic featured in the banner? Then send us your best photo. These images need to be high-resolution, no glare, no alterations. The best of the best. Or just a really big one :)

Lee

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have photoshop skillz and would submit one. the banner image has grinded my gears since day 1.
Maybe a White sedan with Advan wheels;-)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe a White sedan with Advan wheels;-)
Almost anything would do.

Like I said in my original post almost a year ago, have the community vote on someones car to be featured in the banner. Looking at a stock ride height coupe in the worst color from the worst angle just isn't aesthetically pleasing.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
Maybe no one sent in pictures, as requested.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
I think you're right! I know I didn't, but who really wants to see an LX on the banner? haha
The car on the banner is an Si, but it is not the most flattering image, as someone said above.

Send in excitingly angled pictures of your cars, folks, or else stop complaining. 'haha'

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The car on the banner is an Si, but it is not the most flattering image, as someone said above.

Send in excitingly angled pictures of your cars, folks, or else stop complaining. 'haha'
I was talking about my LX as the banner lol. Nobody wants to look at an LX.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello there,

We can definitely change it, I would need more opinions on the change.
What are everyone's thoughts?

Best regards,

Ed
I think there should be an announcement giving people a window of time (say a week) to submit an image that they'd like to see featured on the website, then after the submission period an equal period of time would be committed to voting.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,091 Posts
I was talking about my LX as the banner lol. Nobody wants to look at an LX.
Yes, he does. Sam Nobody, my neighbor, loves looking at LXs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts