9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
675 Posts
Send in excitingly angled pictures of your cars
lol @ this ^ it's true, that'll make for more of an interesting banner :D

scottyrocks - would you want people to submit pics (contenders) in this thread or a new one? And the pick the top 5 most liked images and create a poll on those for which one should be added as the new banner? Or skip the poll and just go for the most liked?

What say you?

Cheers,
Nate

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
well, no white ones as there is already a white one in the banner! :wigglesmiley:

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
lol @ this ^ it's true, that'll make for more of an interesting banner :D

scottyrocks - would you want people to submit pics (contenders) in this thread or a new one? And the pick the top 5 most liked images and create a poll on those for which one should be added as the new banner? Or skip the poll and just go for the most liked?

What say you?

Cheers,
Nate
I like to use existing threads when appropriate, but in this case a new thread with a dedicated title such as 'Submit Your Car Here for New Site Banner Image Vote,' and sticky it. That way people who might want to avoid the discussion in this thread could go there to submit their pictures and/or vote when the time comes.

I would skip the poll and just have people post their vote. That way, later submissions could still be considered.

At the same time, to keep the new thread on track, I will gladly move any discussion in the new thread over to this one, keeping the new one to images of cars for consideration.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Subscribed. I'd be interested in submitting a photo of mine, but does the car need to be stock-ish looking?

Let's try to stay away from stance/stretched tire photos if possible. Maybe a good balance between functional and all-show?

·
Administrator
675 Posts
I like to use existing threads when appropriate, but in this case a new thread with a dedicated title such as 'Submit Your Car Here for New Site Banner Image Vote,' and sticky it. That way people who might want to avoid the discussion in this thread could go there to submit their pictures and/or vote when the time comes.

I would skip the poll and just have people post their vote. That way, later submissions could still be considered.

At the same time, to keep the new thread on track, I will gladly move any discussion in the new thread over to this one, keeping the new one to images of cars for consideration.
That sounds reasonable and straightforward - you've got the green light on that. Let us know if you need a hand. :)

Subscribed. I'd be interested in submitting a photo of mine, but does the car need to be stock-ish looking?

Let's try to stay away from stance/stretched tire photos if possible. Maybe a good balance between functional and all-show?
I would imagine so, we admins are here more for the tech/forum support but when it comes to the site content with inquiries like this, @scottyrocks would be your go-to guy :)

Cheers,
Nate

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts

Well, see, that's the thing. Anyone can submit their car, regardless of what it looks like. The vote will determine the winner.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
Leave the Si! It is smoken hot! You could not have chosen a better color with the orange sunburst pearl.
We can certainly leave the existing image as a voting choice.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
yes please!!

·
Administrator
675 Posts
so I talked to the creative team and the tech team about this. This is something that we can probably do yearly or a special occasion but not something that we can do every 4-6 months. this isn't something we can cut and paste, there is a little bit of style sheet coding involved.

Lets get a ride of the year/banner of the year contest going. we'll take your submissions and get creative to design a new banner.

Lee

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Well guys once a year is still better than never lol so choose the new vehicle to be displayed wisely as that pic will be up for atleast a year's time.

so I talked to the creative team and the tech team about this. This is something that we can probably do yearly or a special occasion but not something that we can do every 4-6 months. this isn't something we can cut and paste, there is a little bit of style sheet coding involved.

Lets get a ride of the year/banner of the year contest going. we'll take your submissions and get creative to design a new banner.

Lee

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts

Lee
The thread has been created:

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/9th-gen-civic-site-news/210321-new-site-banner-image-contest.html

To all: please use that thread for images only. Discussion can continue here.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
Haven't seen him here in ages.

Metz's car woulda been another potential shoe-in.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts