9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I finally started my car install (2012 Civic Coupe ) ,and managed to get the amp kit installed today, all went well there... Fed the 4 gauge power wire thru the unused grommet near where the hood release cable feeds through the inner fender , and up into the engine compartment. Then ran the power wire along the inside of the car on the drivers side, into the trunk, so that is done now.
But the question is, how do I feed new wires through the rectangular grommet that is on the body side of the car, and into the front doors ?
No problem getting off the grommet on the door side, that seems easy, but to get the other body side grommet off, not sure how easy that is, and if I do get it off, can I get the speaker wires past the connectors on the other side ?
Any ideas ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
I followed the guide here Front Speaker Install under tweeter installation.
I feed the wire from the inner hole(the car) to the cabin, then i pull a desired length of wire from the cabin. After that you can just feed the wire from the outer hole (door one) to the door where the speaker is located. I did use my panel tool to pry the rubber tubing and it took me about 30mins to do both side. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts