9th Gen Civic Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
First time poster on this site. Just want to say that I'm now convinced that this is the best SRI for my new Civic Touring. I wanted the Si but that's another story . . . I sent a message to Pro Civic and will post my impressions when I install the Takeda and a down pipe.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Has anyone experienced any drone from this intake at 3500 rpm range?My last r18 suffered this and it was annoying.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Has anyone experienced any drone from this intake at 3500 rpm range?My last r18 suffered this and it was annoying.
Nothing that I've noticed and I've had it for maybe 9 months now.
I can't say for sure, but if it is there at all it's very minuscule; much too small for me to notice at least.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Cool thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am really considering this intake but i have seen numerous post about how there was little to no improvements at all. Can anyone confirm this? i understand that an intake will not show huge gains but is there a noticeable difference

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
really noob question but do you have to change the intake filter like every 6 months? What are intake filters for?

The intake filter filters the air coming into the engine.I would say you dont have to clean/replace every 6 months.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am really considering this intake but i have seen numerous post about how there was little to no improvements at all. Can anyone confirm this? i understand that an intake will not show huge gains but is there a noticeable difference
You're right, intakes usually don't show big, noticeable gains, but this particular intake I own, and give it 2 thumbs up just bc I don't have more thumbs.
If you really want to see a big gain from any performance mod you should get into the diablo tuning website with us, were trying to get a tuning solution made so that we really can take advantage of small mods like this.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Put this intake on my 13 EX and was pleasantly surprised with the results.I was gonna wait till flash pro was out but doubt that will happen.I also reset my ECU with my scan gauge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do I have to remove the bottom of the factory air box like the directions say and then attach the top takeda portion to the bottom. I don't see why i have too if the top is the only part to swap out. It's been raining so I haven't put it on yet.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
To get the stock air box top off ya have to remove the bottom.I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is it easy to remove the air box? All i need to do is just unclip all the clips? If not, can anyone do a diy of it?

Thanks in advance!!!

Yeah, it's pretty easy! It's been a while since I've done it, but I believe it's just three bolts at the bottom of the box; I did need an extension to get to it.
Took me about 35 mins for installation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome thanks for the replies y'all and ill cram a sandwich down during the install on my lunch break which is an hour. I'll also disconnect the negative terminal during the swap and that should let the ecu relearn the new mod after a ten minute idle after I hook everything up.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Awesome thanks for the replies y'all and cram a sandwich down during the install on my lunch break which is an hour. I'll also disconnect the negative terminal during the swap and that should let the ecu relearn the new mod after a ten minute idle after I hook everything up.

Tools neede are a 8mm wrench socket preferred or a standard screwdriver for the clamps on the new takeda,10 mm socket with a short extension for the 2 bolts holding the bottom of the stock air box,I think the clamps on the stock intake rubber tube between the airbox and throttle body are 3/16 inch its not metric.There is a clip on the stock MAF sensor that is fastened to the top of the stock air box that will needed to be taken off before you can pull the stock airbox top out.Philips screwdriver will be needed to take the MAF sensor off the stock airbox.Remember the direction of the MAF sensor and install the same on the Takeda airbox.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yep I had a hard time cause of my mondo mits also.Glad ya got it installed and enjoy it.I especially like the oem look it has compared to other options.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lol that's funny but yea I'm impressed by the look and performance gain from this intake. I remember back in the day when I installed an intake on the d16z6 the performance wasn't that noticeable, but on the r18 its definitely more noticeable. Thanks again for all the help and happy holidays.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts