9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I’m jonathan, I have a red 9th gen fb6.
I just started having this problem with my clutch that it screeches every time I press the clutch. I’m aware of the Chewbacca noise from going 1st to 2nd gear on a hill and flat as well but this is different
I have a video but don’t know how to post it !

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just started having this problem with my clutch that it screeches every time I press the clutch. I’m aware of the Chewbacca noise from going 1st to 2nd gear on a hill and flat as well but this is different
So there's a common noise when setting off in 1st gear...sounds like your aware of. Your noise happens every time so it's something different, does it make the noise only when the engine is running? Are you low on clutch fluid by chance?

·
Registered
148 Posts
No low fluid,
I was confirmed it’s a throw out bearing
Sounds about right. Normally if your pulling the trans to replace a throw out bearing, it's best to do the clutch too. May want to read up on this site, most aftermarket clutches require Hondata. Light weight flywheels throw missfire codes, and Hondata is needed to turn off missfire detection.
(You may know this already, but enough people found this out the hard way....so worth mentioning).

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
491 Posts
mine does the same. some days it does, some days not. still runs fine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
How much wear does your pressure plate springs have?
couldnt tell you, i have never checked.
i will be replacing the clutch and flywheel in the next year or so, i just turned over 69,000km / 43,000mi.
and as it is annoying to hear the screech here and there, but you’ll be aiiiight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Omg I never heard it called the Chewbacca noise, but you exactly nailed it man. I was disappointed with Honda for not having a massive recall for the Chewy Noises, but I’ve learned to live with it. Like a lot of others I guess, que Sara Sara.

·
Registered
2015 Honda Civic Si Coupe
910 Posts
couldnt tell you, i have never checked.
i will be replacing the clutch and flywheel in the next year or so, i just turned over 69,000km / 43,000mi.
and as it is annoying to hear the screech here and there, but you’ll be aiiiight.
Some have changed clutch, flywheel and bearing it said it still does it. Why even change it at that low mileage? I'm 5k away from hitting 100k and still on stock clutch. It makes that noise from time to time, can't really hear when the A/C is on and music up some lol!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Some have changed clutch, flywheel and bearing it said it still does it. Why even change it at that low mileage? I'm 5k away from hitting 100k and still on stock clutch. It makes that noise from time to time, can't really hear when the A/C is on and music up some lol!
1. was hoping if i change out clutch assy noise goes away.
2. hoping for boost over this winter.
3. i haven't used a/c for 3-4 years. turn it on from time to time to keep things moving, probs delete the system tbh.
4. i’m too picky. tonnes of clutch left, but that noise gets to me.
99. i got 99 problems and a clutch whine is still 1.

·
Registered
910 Posts
1. was hoping if i change out clutch assy noise goes away.
2. hoping for boost over this winter.
3. i haven't used a/c for 3-4 years. turn it on from time to time to keep things moving, probs delete the system tbh.
4. i’m too picky. tonnes of clutch left, but that noise gets to me.
99. i got 99 problems and a clutch whine is still 1.
Well, when you ready to put yours in, I'll come by and we can knock out mine next lol

·
Registered
910 Posts
Reactions: AndyMac204
1 - 14 of 14 Posts