9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2013 civic si. I'm the second owner I got it at 58k it's now at 70k I have drivin standard cars my whole life. Now my question and problem is, My transmission, and a noise on start up every morning. seems like tons of people have similar issues like I'm having it's been doing it since I purchased the car it just didn't do it during my test drive.. so when I shift from 1-2 and again from 2-3 and also when down shifting from 4-3, 3-2, 2-1. I get some feed back and it makes an audible loud metal on metal clunk sound. Now it doesn't always do it like 30% of the time. Also yes it's not "my driving" or my clutch control. The shift is perfectly done the same way every time when it makes the sound and when it does not make the sound. I shift right around 2-3k rpms and yes I am rev matching on down shifts and not over reving and slamming the gear. Also might be worth it to mention the shift still feels smooth and not jumpy when it clunks it just makes these sounds. Also I noticed that at 2300 rpms to 2500 rpms and again at 3600 to 4000 if I rev the motor at idle the car will shake. I dont ever abuse the car or race it. I also run all royal purple oil and gear oil in the trans and run a honda oil filter. So the noise on start up that I get is a loud rattling for about 5-10 seconds than it stops. I had the dealer check all this out, they said that my timing chain was bad and it actually took out my vtech solenoid and other parts. So they went ahead and replaced everything tensioner and all everything to do with timing they say they replaced. This was 3 weeks ago. For 1 week the sound was gone. Now the sound is back.. I cant imagine I broke the chain again. Also they said the test drove it for 25 miles and the transmission problem couldn't be replicated. This is bs though they drove it 2.7 miles....basically up a long straight away in front of the dealer and back. So they didn't shift much at all I'd imagine. If anyone has an idea on this please fill me in, I'm at whits end and my dealership is jerking me around..

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,200 Posts
You do 2-1 downshifts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts