9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've had my Si since June 2016 and have found myself using this forum to look at some builds. Here is a pic of my si. As of now, I've only got some weathertech floor liners for it and a K&N air filter but I'm looking to invest in suspension and wheel and tires in the near future. I'M in Indiana and these roads are pretty rough so I feel like this would save the car a little. I bought the car with 31,000 on the dash and shes about to turn 50,000. Well thats about it, thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice car man and is the best color besides orange. You should do some things to your car if you are thinking about it. It will make your experience and driving with the car so much better.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the forums OJ. I had the same feelings about my suspension when I purchased my Civic, its a great upgrade its made my car 10x funner to drive. Then I got a downpipe and vittuned/flashpro and now thats blowing my mind, cars comes alive.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chambers. What suspension did you go end up going with? I'm interested in the skunk 2 pro-c coilovers ($1,563.99) but I have a long commute so I'll go with something more practical in price. Any suggestions?

Ahh I've only heard people talk about flashpro.. never had a chance to learn about it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I went a temporarily cheap route with Truhart shocks and D2 lowering springs, I like my setup a lot the ride is still smooth and not too rough as a daily but also stiff for autoX and track days every couple months. I'm saving Big$ for a 3 way suspension system from either progress or auto function. But that will come after sway bars and body reinforcement. check out https://store.redshiftmotorsports.com/category-s/122.htm if you want to customize your stock setup to save money until you find something serious. But i may build out of my stock suspension and create something rebuildable with the Koni.

Reactions: OJ Juicizzle

·
Vendor
1,135 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join us. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Safe driving and happy modding!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,489 Posts
Pretty car. Welcome to 9th gen.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ah I've only heard people talk about flashpro..never had a chance to learn about it.
If you want to add some performance to your car this is one of the first things to buy before bolt ons. Can flash your ecu to change your maps. Even without bolt ons you can use it to pep the engine up some.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Scotty. Happy to talk to people with the same ride. I've had a lot of beater vehicles and none have seemed to last me.. so I bought this civic. My only previous manual vehicles were the 1988 mazda rx7 and 1991 civic si hatch with swapped b16a.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want to add some performance to your car this is one of the first things to buy before bolt ons. Can flash your ecu to change your maps. Even without bolt ons you can use it to pep the engine up some.
Nice.Hondata?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So having the hondata would require retuning after every performace mod? just trying to get a full understanding. There is a place by me, RC Autoworks Bridgeview IL, that installs and tunes. I looked at their facebook and here is a post from them:
"Have you picked up a 10thgen Civic and want to increase the power and boost without breaking the bank? Instead of buying a ordinary FlashPro for $695.00 you can get a Hondata License for $350 and it takes seconds to flash to your vechicle. It's the same thing as a flashpro, just without the unit itself. Contact us with any questions."
So for half the price, would that be worth the buy? Would there be any mod limitations with this route?

Yep Hondata flash pro. Most people refer to it as flashpro for short or just hondata

·
Registered
549 Posts
There is a post by Team3d regarding Flashpro sales. Send him a PM with Year/Trim and that you are interested in FP and see if he can beat your price.

If you can find a deal where it includes a tune, that usually helps the cost as a tune is roughly $250 depending in the source and you have to re-tune after each mod. That is why I suggest doing power mods in stages. Suspension/aesthetics are not affected, just engine modifications.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will take your advice and shoot him a message. I'm not entirely sure if the RC Autoworks will have the tune included with flashpro, Ill have to look into it. I was looking to do suspension, but Im starting to think performance is more important. If I went this route, Id look into upgrading the intake and exhaust before the flashpro tune. What would the benefits be of having the actual flashpro unit vs not having it?

·
Registered
245 Posts
There is tons of research of this on the forum so just search and you can find all your answer mostly but short and sweet is if you do any major engine mods then a tune is required or your more then likely losing power and wasting money on gas. The car comes tuned from factory to run at its best with the current engine set up so if you change the parts the ecu won't know this and it will need to be flashed/tuned to account for the newer parts you have installed. My advice is wait to actually install parts until you can afford to install and follow it up with a tune. Suspension is not a bad way to go for the ride of the car I was just saying if you go performance route to account for everything before you pull the trigger on buying parts or formulating what your going to buy. Like ferg said stages is a good way to go.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks Chambers. What suspension did you go end up going with? I'm interested in the skunk 2 pro-c coilovers ($1,563.99) but I have a long commute so I'll go with something more practical in price. Any suggestions?

Ahh I've only heard people talk about flashpro.. never had a chance to learn about it.

Ohh i forgot to mention the Flashpro with VitViper tune is the way to go if you want power first, I'm only about 65% done with my tuning so far with Vit and the car is beginning to come alive. The car gets a totally different tone and feeling. He's tuned almost my daily driving pattern and when I'm on the highway cruising in 6th and pull it feels like what 5th gear stock use to pull. if you get what I'm saying, flashpro just unlocks the cars capabilities and is a must before any bolt on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love that blue. I'm interested in a suspension set up as well. That stock wheel gap is gut wrenching, not to mention the amount of bumps and cracks in the road, feel every one of them. Good luck with the build!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts