9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I need to love my car again! Want to make it mine and do as much of the work I can by myself. Looking for a place that will educate me in how to accomplish that! Hopefully I can find that here.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Welcome to the boards. What kind of civic do you have and what do you plan on doing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 Civic LX. Cold air intake, need rotors and calipers, suspension. What is the best cold air intake for my car?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,202 Posts
2012 Civic LX. Cold air intake, need rotors and calipers, suspension. What is the best cold air intake for my car?
Welcome to 9th gen.

What are you hoping to accomplish? You're not going to get big power gains with the R18 engine. But you can get slightly better responsiveness, unless you go FI, but that's expensive. And then there's always cosmetic and suspension mods (suspension mods also usually improve cosmetics, as well).

Take a browse through the forums. There are tons of good ideas here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Cera for the segway...I'm new here also...i have the same car as Cera but just stock that is factory painted with that color that cant figure out of it wants to be brown, grey, or both (so ugly imo but i didnt have much to chose from in a hasty buy at the time...my ford escape got totalled)...anyway, good community here so far and i like the enthusiasm of everyone, i haven't seen any comments from people that wear their butts on their shoulders so that is a plus...ive been able to find a mod for intermittent wipers (thats how google got me here) and cant wait to get it done...other than that just comparing notes and learning...fun stuff!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll probably ask a lot of questions in this group I'm gonna try to do all my own maintenance and other small whatever i can performance upgrades.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts