9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone? Im sure alot of people here know me from the 8th gen forum. Just traded in my 2008 Si for a 2012 Si.

The old and the new...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its nice but I'll be able to make more of a comparison tomorrow. I got out of the dealership around 9:30 and i see youre in PA so you know the weather was crappy today. I just brought it home and parked it. I'll put 50 miles on it tomorrow just going to and from work and if its dry ill be able to get on it a bit so ill be able to say more about it then.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Its nice but I'll be able to make more of a comparison tomorrow. I got out of the dealership around 9:30 and i see youre in PA so you know the weather was crappy today. I just brought it home and parked it. I'll put 50 miles on it tomorrow just going to and from work and if its dry ill be able to get on it a bit so ill be able to say more about it then.
Yea today was a crappy day. Enjoy the whip tomorrow and I look forward to your review.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,071 Posts
Welcome, Oje. I'm looking forward to your impressions of the car tomorrow, especially as it compares to your 8th.

·
RevHung
181 Posts
Welcome !!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few weeks ago a friend of mine asked me to go to the Honda dealership on a Sunday just to look at some used cars. While there i saw this Si and I had never really been up close to a new one. I had been thinking of getting rid of the 08 for a little bit, top of my list was an S2000 but its just not practical enough for me. I search autotrader all the time just to see whats around and I came across a dealership about a half hour away selling 5 '12's for $19,840 so I emailed the dealership I saw the red one at and asked them if they would beat that price and they said they would so I pulled the trigger.

I beat the hell out of my 08 for 80,000 miles and it never gave me an issue so when i saw a good deal on a new one i figured what the hell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and I had to go back tonight to drop off the down payment and the dealership is pissed. As you can see in the pic I dont have the original Si trunk because I swapped with someone. Theyre not as upset about the fact its not an Si trunk, but the car cant be legally sold by them because it doesnt have a 3rd brake light anymore. He said it shouldnt pass inspection without one but ive been passing for years.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That's not your problem anymore. The deal is done and if anything, they should have said something the day you traded it. Its not hard for them to install an Si spoiler on that trunk. Was this done at Mike Piazza btw?
It sure isnt haha Theyre probably going to have to order a full Si trunk. When i did the swap we literally unbolted, swapped, and rebolted the trunks. I had to open it from inside the car anytime i wanted to get in there, the key couldnt open it. They could still sell it that way but its not a feature most people want. With the cost of a new decklid for the 3rd brake light plus the body work to fill the old spoiler holes and add the Si spoiler its probably cheaper and easier to just get a new trunk.

And yes Piazza Drexel Hill. You work there?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts