9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 civic Si
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, I miss being on a forum, got the car and tried the FB car group thing and couldn't stand it! Forum seems a little less active than I thought but still better than FB. I've been in the honda game since about 2003, so I'm not new to cars or Hondas, built plenty motors, n/a mostly. Helped install a couple turbos but not to knowledgeable on boost. NA is my thing. Been tossing around the idea of boosting this car though since the head is..... yeah. I also have a built PRB head sitting around that im contemplating installing once I get more info. If that happens I'll stay NA most likely. As for my car now, she does ok.
Full-race catback
Full-race catless DP
Acuity CAI
Flashpro(tuned by Derek @IMW)
Acuity shifter cable bushings
Acuity selector springs
Speedfactory detent springs
Hasport mounts(full set)
Ktuned fuel rail and AN fuel lines have been added (dont have photo)
car seems fun, but needs suspension, still stock height and 100% stock exterior.
Dyno sheet said 209/185.

·
Registered
2012 Si sedan
156 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I love that wrinkle black paint on the valve cover. Your intake/dp setup is the exact one I'm saving for.

I've experienced the same with the Facebook groups. Forums may be dying off somewhat but navigating the garbage in the FB groups is a waste of time if you're not looking to buy/sell. Largely a bunch of people asking for everyone else's opinion.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Nice build. Quality parts choice too. Get some more pics with the Rail and Fuel lines! I'm a sucker for AN fuel lines. It really adds to the bling factor under the hood.

I JUST joined some FB groups a couple weeks ago to try to sell some stuff and am having the same experience. Most of the posts are solicitation of opinions.

The forums definitely don't have as much traffic as the FB groups, but that's exactly why I keep coming back.

·
Registered
2012 civic Si
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fb groups seem to be all about stance and bags. I mod more along the lines of performance. If it isn't going to make my car "perform" better im not going to spend my money on it. Ill get pics of the rail and AN line asap. I also ran a braided brake booster line and deleted the purge valve solenoid and line in order to clean up the are above the TB. Im into clean bays so I'm in the process of deleting anything un needed and a little tucking here and there. 9th gen is a lottle new to me though so I'm trying to figure this bay out haha

·
Registered
2012 civic Si
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see that, already I've seen some quality info amd it's a nice change. Lately I've been trying to find as much info as I can on the head swap as I already have the head with full ST valve train, kelford 179-b2 cams, and mild port work. Tons of research to do, not sure if those cams will even work due to VP clearance. Also have a type s oil pump, mfactory lsd, and a comp clutch. All stuff that just needs to be installed whenever I have time. Even have a complete bolt boys kit for the K series. Time is my enemy haha. Thanks everyone for the kind words, look forward to hanging out here.

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
284 Posts
Fb groups seem to be all about stance and bags. I mod more along the lines of performance. If it isn't going to make my car "perform" better im not going to spend my money on it. Ill get pics of the rail and AN line asap. I also ran a braided brake booster line and deleted the purge valve solenoid and line in order to clean up the are above the TB. Im into clean bays so I'm in the process of deleting anything un needed and a little tucking here and there. 9th gen is a lottle new to me though so I'm trying to figure this bay out haha
Same here. Not really into the cosmetic only mods. If there's some bling factor along with the function I'm all for it. Like Acuity parts. Functional AND looks good.

Hells yeah. Can't wait to see it. Anything that can be done to clean up that bay makes it easier to work in, and nicer to look at. Just another one of those functional things that looks good too.

I see that, already I've seen some quality info amd it's a nice change. Lately I've been trying to find as much info as I can on the head swap as I already have the head with full ST valve train, kelford 179-b2 cams, and mild port work. Tons of research to do, not sure if those cams will even work due to VP clearance. Also have a type s oil pump, mfactory lsd, and a comp clutch. All stuff that just needs to be installed whenever I have time. Even have a complete bolt boys kit for the K series. Time is my enemy haha. Thanks everyone for the kind words, look forward to hanging out here.
Damn. That's what's up. You should make a build thread!

·
Registered
2012 civic Si
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might actually, I'll have to sit down on my PC and do that. Too much on my phone lol. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2012 civic Si
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone on here tried the "dc5creations" ac tuck kit or abs relocation kit for our cars? After I get some decent suspension I might try their stuff out. Looks like quality parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts