9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just figured id drop in and say hi, ive been lurking around the site for a couple days now checking things out. I just picked up a brand new 2012 si sedan (sunburst orange pearl...i think? haha) on Tuesday afternoon.

I traded in my 2008 Scion tC (full exhaust, intake, coilovers, solid motor mounts etc etc). The Scion was a great car, but it was time for something new and a little more reasonable for DD duties (plus the trans was getting a little crunchy, like another member said happened to theirs.) . Vibrating at idle because of the mounts and going deaf on the highway with the exhaust was starting to suck too..

So far ive only put about 400 miles on the SI, but i absolutely love it! Im hoping it holds up as well as previous Hondas ive owned, but i dont see any reason why it wont. Plans are for the car to stay pretty mild, with mostly cosmetic stuff for at least until the warranty runs out. At this point the car has enough power for commuting with the occasional twisty back road, so i might toss in a rear sway bar and possibly yellow fogs and high beam bulbs.

Anyway, enough of my babbling, im glad i found the forum, and hope to get great info down the road!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the 9th!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome! post up some pics if you get the chance, I havent seen a orange 4 door yet. Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so its been awhile since I first posted, but my buddy grabbed a couple of quick pictures of my car today and figured id post them up. So far the only mods are corsport shifter base bushings and yellow fog bulbs. Ive put just about 8k miles on it since ive had it, and other than getting rear-ended and someone trying to break into the car its been great!
133.jpg 140.jpg 141.jpg 143.jpg

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome :) love the color you chose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

I was unsure of the color at first, but it has grown on me since I first got it. Today was the first day we've gotten real crap weather, I have to say im pretty impressed with how well the car does in slippery conditions.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,344 Posts
Welcome to the 9th, cubert. Nice to have you here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts