9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to say Hi. My name is Farage and I'm from BK, NY. I have been a long time Honda fan and I am planning on picking up a 9th gen SI sedan when the prices are right. My first honda was a 03 civic ex coupe, then I moved on to a 06 RSX (which I miss alot) and now I am driving a 2010 TSX. The TSX is nice but I really miss the nimbleness and handling of the rsx. The TSX by no means has bad handling, but you really do feel the extra 600 lbs in the turns. I am not in a rush to get the SI and I really want to get the best possible deal I can, and that probably won't be until fall at the earliest. I dont plan on modding it much. Just tints, hid's and maybe an icebox. Well thats all.. Nice to be here and I hope to learn alot from this site.:woowoo:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
EAST COAST! :pimp: Welcome to the site man :D I'm planning on an Si Sedan too, at the start of next year

·
Registered
717 Posts
welcome to the 9th

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
My sister has the 2011 TSX, I find it accelerating faster than my 2012 Civic.
That's because your 9th gen civic is not a SI. But atleast you have better mpg.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My sister has the 2011 TSX, I find it accelerating faster than my 2012 Civic.
We also have a 2009 ex sedan and the TSX is def considerably quicker. Im thinking that the SI k24 with a 6spd and 1/4 ton less weight will be a blast to drive. Plus the LSD is a huge benefit. :wooo:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well guys, everything went well and I am the proud owner of this beautiful car. I love it so much and must say the interior is not as bad as I thought! The imid screen is awesome and the sound system rocks. The only thing that kinda sucks is there is less storage compartments than the 8thgen. I am following the proper break in procedure so the car won't see past 5k until at least 600miles. Will post better pics after I get tints and hid's.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's some better quality pics guys. Unfortunately it has been raining almost every day since I got it so it is a bit dirty. I ordered wheel locks, all season mats, 6000k hids and 2500k bulbs for the drl's and fogs.

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
farage, just wondering, those do not look like the all season floor mats... Also you seem to got them with the "Si" logo... Where did you get them? I don't remember seeing any "Si" logo on my stock floor mats...Mine shows "Civic" only and I bought an Si Sedan.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts