9th Gen Civic Forum banner

New to the thread and new to Honda and Need some help

910 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  kev604 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to the Honda Game. Before my Si I had diesel pickup trucks so I’m very far off from what I’m used to. I have a 2014 Honda Civic Si coupe and I am looking to make it look good, handle good, and run good. I am completely stock as is, the only work I have done is a deleted cat and deleted resonator and skunk2 muffler. The car was pre owned and I think it was boosted because it has a k-tuned fuel rail a throttlebody adapter and a skunk2 intake manifold And when they went to go traded in they took off the boost and left remnants behind. IM LOOKING FOR BEST SUSPENSION, BEST POWER OUT PUT, AND BEST SOUNDING all for a stock block. THIS IS ALSO MY DAILY DRIVER. The car has 50xxx miles on it.

Thanks In advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome. There is tons of info on here as to what mods you can do.

You say it's stock but it has a cat delete, air intake, intake manifold, aftermarket wheels, etc

Is the car tuned for those mods? My concern would be the car running poorly or tripping a CEL with those mods and no tune. Having the car tuned may be one of the best modifications you can do.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Welcome. There is tons of info on here as to what mods you can do.

You say it's stock but it has a cat delete, air intake, intake manifold, aftermarket wheels, etc

Is the car tuned for those mods? My concern would be the car running poorly or tripping a CEL with those mods and no tune. Having the car tuned may be one of the best modifications you can do.

Hi, thank you for your help. As of right now I’m not sure if there is a tune in it or not but I feel as it is because I blew the first engine and had to get another engine out in. I am in the process of getting a downpipe so I’ll be needing a tune soon anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes, browse the site, focusing on your areas of interest. It's all (well, mostly) here.

And do feel free to ask questions.

#5 ·
I would first check the fluids and do a compression test IF you think it's been modded prior.

I understand what you mean by having the best but still keeping it street. Do you plan to boost the car? Make a list with goals in mind. Everyone is going to tell you something different on what's the "best" mod to do. Research and read people's different experiences. Also, there's videos on YouTube explaining mods, etc. for this car.

Reactions: Mericaman955
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.