9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a new guy on this forum who just started leasing a 2012 Honda Civic EX Coupe. I'm also a porter for Brilliance Honda in Crystal Lake, IL (look me up!). Why have I come to this site? I wanted to join a community who live and speak Honda and nothing but Honda! You know, It's my passion. I was born into a Honda family. My mom has had four Accords, my grandparents have an Acura. I live it!

So what I wanted to do is see what upgrades I can do to my ride. Everything is standard on my car right now. And I'm not sure if I have VTEC or not. I don't think so anyway (doesn't say on the engine block). I still want to keep my car "green" and continue to keep my ECON button on at all time! So if I could get any hints and sites, that would be wonderful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you go to the forum main page and scroll to the bottom, there are a list of vendors that carry upgrades for our cars. The selection is a little limited atm, but you can still find some pretty cool stuff. And yes, you do have a vtec! :)

·
Pickle Hammer Power
4,294,967,287 Posts
hes correct...u do have vtec...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Yeah, I could have asked my dealer, I mean I see her all the time! But I didn't have work that day. :S

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2013 Civic FTW

So, as some might know, because I really haven't been on this site at anytime since I signed up, I have a 2012 Civic EX Coupe. Guess who wants a 13? Yes, me. I'm lucky to work in a Honda dealership and drive these cars. I say this even more because of the new Civic. It is really nice. Here's the thing: I'm probably going to switch over to the sedan EX because of more room. I've actually been debating on whether to get the new Civic or the Fit, but honestly, I don't know. I go to the community college and will soon transfer to the university in the city. This is the reason why I don't go with a stick car, because I don't want to drive stick on the highway in rush hour traffic. Not much of difference between stick and auto anyway. Hey, I also thought about the Hybrid, but the color options are terrible and I promised myself I would have a car with color for the rest of my life. I think it's terrible that people choose black or white (yuck!).

In my opinion, I think I will get the 13 sedan EX, but still leaning on the Fit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Since you work at a honda dealership, how does trading in your 2012 civic work? I'm currently paying off a 60month auto loan for my 2012. Is it possible to trade in that car and get a '13.. if I wanted to get the '13. Would my payments be the same?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Since you work at a honda dealership, how does trading in your 2012 civic work? I'm currently paying off a 60month auto loan for my 2012. Is it possible to trade in that car and get a '13.. if I wanted to get the '13. Would my payments be the same?
OP claims to work at a stealership so he might get an okay deal. But you're most likely going to get raped financially if you trade in your 2012. A lot of threads are on this topic. If you think the 13 is worth the hit then go for it!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
White is no color but black is technically all of them :p

I would have to vote Civic though, I never see anything but chicks driving the Fit and even then my wife still thinks they are ugly. "Tried to talk her into one haha" Personally I love the inside of them but hate the outside.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,485 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yeah I know right lol

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
365 Posts
Psshh I get 29 combined in my Si. Lol

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
My wife drives an SI and I drive a FIT. After all we are Europeans and have a more refined taste. :icon_wave::wink: I am sorry but I feel offended by your statement "Not much of difference between stick and auto anyway".:WTF:

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
I would have to vote Civic though, I never see anything but chicks driving the Fit and even then my wife still thinks they are ugly. Personally I love the inside of them but hate the outside.
Then if you saw me driving mine you couldn't say that only chicks drive Fits. I have a 2007 and am not necessarily in love with the outside looks but love all the room on the inside. The 2007-2008 models remind me of a bottle-nosed dolphin for some reason. The 2009-2012 body style looks horrible to me and makes me glad I didn't wait to buy one when Honda changed their name from Jazz to Fit and finally started exporting them to the States. If I had to choose between a new Fit or a new Civic? Fit<Civic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
So, as some might know, because I really haven't been on this site at anytime since I signed up, I have a 2012 Civic EX Coupe. Guess who wants a 13? Yes, me. I'm lucky to work in a Honda dealership and drive these cars. I say this even more because of the new Civic. It is really nice. Here's the thing: I'm probably going to switch over to the sedan EX because of more room. I've actually been debating on whether to get the new Civic or the Fit, but honestly, I don't know. I go to the community college and will soon transfer to the university in the city. This is the reason why I don't go with a stick car, because I don't want to drive stick on the highway in rush hour traffic. Not much of difference between stick and auto anyway. Hey, I also thought about the Hybrid, but the color options are terrible and I promised myself I would have a car with color for the rest of my life. I think it's terrible that people choose black or white (yuck!).

In my opinion, I think I will get the 13 sedan EX, but still leaning on the Fit.
It's not 'FTW' unless its an Si btw...

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
Mugen said it....lots of 2013 threads. Closed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why no color?

Guys and gals, we are at an epidemic. I feel the annoying notion to buy a car in black, white, grey, silver, whatever a completely stupid idea. Why? Remember back in the past with Ford? The only color it came in was not a color: black. Over time we have developed and carrying on to the 1950's or so, car color was hip. Now, it has gone back to the bland crap that we consider a color, which it is obviously not! But it is fine if there is black on the car, as long as it isn't the base. Hey, I've made a vow for myself not to buy cars in this non-colors. It is fine if you choose to, but just remember who is going to hate on you!

Anyway, I want to know why your choice was black or white. Leave a comment.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts