9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a used 2015 black Civic LX sedan 5 speed manual. It has stock 15" steel wheel with covers. I want to upgrade to alloys but don't see many options in the 15" diameter. I considered going with 16" ones but then I'd need to purchase new tires (right?). The tires are in good shape so I don't like that option.

This is a replacement car for my 5 speed 2000 CRV that was totaled after a DUI drove into it parked in front of my house. It will be a third car that I'll drive to work, etc...and my son and daughter will want to drive. Any wheel recommendations are appreciated. The goal is for the car to look good (classy), not flashy.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I am purchasing a used 2015 black Civic LX sedan 5 speed manual. It has stock 15" steel wheel with covers. I want to upgrade to alloys but don't see many options in the 15" diameter. I considered going with 16" ones but then I'd need to purchase new tires (right?). The tires are in good shape so I don't like that option.

This is a replacement car for my 5 speed 2000 CRV that was totaled after a DUI drove into it parked in front of my house. It will be a third car that I'll drive to work, etc...and my son and daughter will want to drive. Any wheel recommendations are appreciated. The goal is for the car to look good (classy), not flashy.

Thanks,
Mike
Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is that you visit one of the online wheel/tire stores like Tirerack or Discount Tire. You can input your car and view different wheel styles on the car. This will ensure they fit the car.

You will have to stick with 15" wheels if you do not want to change the tires. So a 15x6 or 15x7 with a +40 or +45.

Price will be another factor. Aftermarket wheels can range from $100 to $1000 per wheel so find something that fits your budget. On this forum, enkei and konig are popular brands.

Also, check out the aftermarket wheel sticky

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts