9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mistakes were made when I first got the car... My enkeis that I once thought were super cool not only are pretty terrible looking, but also super bent and beat up. getting rid of the red and black theme BS.
Just put two new General AS05's on and did rear bearing and caliper. will post w/new wheels tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
Definitely better looking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely better looking.
Thanks! i think so too for sure. Next on the list are a few cosmetic things just to fix it up, new bumper, replacing the fog light assemblies, and Im thinking of dropping the red jdm emblems... just so not a fan of red on blue anymore.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,089 Posts
I like the red on blue, but I haven't been running that, so I guess I'm not bored with it from looking at it every day. haha

I do have a blue front emblem that I had on my Cool Mist (sort of a very light blue) '12 coupe that I never put on my '15 Modern Steel coupe. I'll have to think about that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the red on blue, but I haven't been running that, so I guess I'm not bored with it from looking at it every day. haha

I do have a blue front emblem that I had on my Cool Mist (sort of a very light blue) '12 coupe that I never put on my '15 Modern Steel coupe. I'll have to think about that.
Yeah the red on blue got old pretty quick. just starting turning into a hot wheels car lol. I was thinking of doing some black jdm style emblems, i know they arent 'real' but i think id like the look of them better over a painted stock plastic emblem. I think the blue emblem on your 15 would be sweet for real. I love that color and really wish i would have gone with that over the dyno blue.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Those new wheels are definitely an improvement. Any plans to lower the car? Would make them look even better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those new wheels are definitely an improvement. Any plans to lower the car? Would make them look even better.
Would love to lower, but not much at all. maybe about an inch all around. Im really not a fan of super low super cambered cars. At the end of the day to each their own but in my opinion it looks super stupid. Have these picked out, any one have experience/suggestions for struts?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
have these picked out*
Not bad, but you really don't need coilovers to lower just an inch unless you want coilovers. A set of eibach pro kit springs and a decent shock strut combo would be enough and give you an inch drop or so.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have these picked out*
Not bad, but you really don't need coilovers to lower just an inch unless you want coilovers. A set of eibach pro kit springs and a decent shock strut combo would be enough and give you an inch drop or so.
Definitely want the full coilovers. Simply for ease of install. I mean i have access to any tool id ever need, but i hate just doing springs. I was doing a customers mercedes front shocks and had to swap the springs, but the spring shot out of the compressor and damn near hit my leg. Very scary and I try to avoid those jobs at work. Do you think those are a good choice for full coilovers?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Definitely want the full coilovers. Simply for ease of install. I mean i have access to any tool id ever need, but i hate just doing springs. I was doing a customers mercedes front shocks and had to swap the springs, but the spring shot out of the compressor and damn near hit my leg. Very scary and I try to avoid those jobs at work. Do you think those are a good choice for full coilovers?
Not bad for the price. Suspensions on these cars are incredibly easy to do, and the springs aren't super stiff.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not bad for the price. Suspensions on these cars are incredibly easy to do, and the springs aren't super stiff.
Good deal thanks man

1 - 14 of 14 Posts