9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys, I've been having the hardest time trying to keep the outside of my windshield clean and streak free. I've been using car window cleaning wipes and it cleans but leaves streaks. Do people wax their windshield with the same wax they use for the body of the car? Is that the best way to clean my exterior windows?

If not, can anyone suggest the best possible cleaning solution for my window? Thanks guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use Invisible glass for my windows, It always does the trick for me.. the best thing though is using good paper towels, so they don't leave little particles behind

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I've been trying to clean all the glasses' interior side of our car. So far, I don't get it why I still have residues from prior cleaning. Is there such a cleaning compound out there that will leave it streak free? Any recommendations? Best technique to deal with this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Car Care Ambassador
1,357 Posts
exterior . First off wipe the windows down with white vinegar then use a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle . Spray the window and wipe with a lint free cloth then immediately polish with another lint free cloth. Interior .... the same but no vinegar. Streaks are left because your releasing the crud on the window then wiping it till it dries back on. Do it in the shade on cool glass then pull out in the sun to inspect. If you find any streaks a quick spot wipe with the cloth you used to wipe the ipa/water in with will do followed by a polish.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The inside is almost impossible to keep clean. If you have a new car the dash will "cure" in sunlight and cause it to release vapors that will make your windshield look hazy. It's a losing game! Only thing you can do is keep cleaning it.

I've been trying to clean all the glasses' interior side of our car. So far, I don't get it why I still have residues from prior cleaning. Is there such a cleaning compound out there that will leave it streak free? Any recommendations? Best technique to deal with this?

·
Photoshop Masta
2,830 Posts
I use a microfiber towel to wipe down the inside of windshield, it gets rid of the haze (cloudiness) quite well, I don't use ANY cleaning products for the inside cause it tends to attract the haze....as for the outside, I just wipe down the windows/windshields with a lint free rag once I'm done washing and drying my car, I'll occasionally use invisible glass if I see a need to use it, otherwise, I don't use any cleaners.

·
Registered
182 Posts
NEVER EVER EVER use paper towel on your windows. You might as well use sandpaper. Use invisible glass with a glass microfiber towel. Best results you will get. Also for the interior also use a microfiber towel and invisible glass but try sitting in the passenger seat and using your right hand. Spray the invisible glass on the microfiber towel to avoid over spray on your dash. Then BOOM streak free clean

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m about to change your life man. I have been detailing professionally for 15 years and I always hated doing windows. This is the solution: buy this glass cleaner. It’s super cheap and it is the absolute best glass cleaner I have ever used - bar none (It’s not mine - I’m not plugging myself or anything). It’s a gel, not a liquid so it spreads more evenly over the whole surface much better. And a secondary benefit, is that you can use it on hot days because it doesn’t dry so quickly. I live in SC and I have used this stuff on black windows on a 110° day and it worked like magic.

Use this with a ‘waffle weave’ style microfiber towel and never see streaks again. Another tip is to wrap your microfiber towel around a paint mixing stick, and run it through the creases on the windshield and windows.

As far as ‘waxing’ your windows goes, I have found success with Meguiar’s Hi-tech Yellow Wax, but the best glass sealer I’ve ever used is this it keeps glass hydrophobic for months. Hope this helps! Good luck on keeping those windows shiny and streak-free!!

Luke

·
Registered
9 Posts

Not sure if you saw my other reply, but this cleaner is the absolute best glass cleaner I have found in 15 years of detailing. Best part is that you can use it in direct sunlight on an extremely hot day. I used to use Stoners or Invisible Glass, but they can’t hold a candle to this stuff. Hope you find this helpful!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’m about to change your life man. I have been detailing professionally for 15 years and I always hated doing windows. This is the solution: buy this glass cleaner. It’s super cheap and it is the absolute best glass cleaner I have ever used - bar none (It’s not mine - I’m not plugging myself or anything). It’s a gel, not a liquid so it spreads more evenly over the whole surface much better. And a secondary benefit, is that you can use it on hot days because it doesn’t dry so quickly. I live in SC and I have used this stuff on black windows on a 110° day and it worked like magic.

Use this with a ‘waffle weave’ style microfiber towel and never see streaks again. Another tip is to wrap your microfiber towel around a paint mixing stick, and run it through the creases on the windshield and windows.

As far as ‘waxing’ your windows goes, I have found success with Meguiar’s Hi-tech Yellow Wax, but the best glass sealer I’ve ever used is this it keeps glass hydrophobic for months. Hope this helps! Good luck on keeping those windows shiny and streak-free!!

Luke
What’s the glass sealer name? Link didn’t work for me. Coincidentally I got a waffle weave towel that’s super heavy and my favorite towel that wasn’t sold for glass and it ended up being the only thing I’ll touch to glass. Works amazingly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What’s the glass sealer name? Link didn’t work for me. Coincidentally I got a waffle weave towel that’s super heavy and my favorite towel that wasn’t sold for glass and it ended up being the only thing I’ll touch to glass. Works amazingly.
Griot's Garage 11033 Glass Sealant, 8 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AX4TWCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_SXSAWVJN4E2RT561SSMG

Not sure why that link didn’t work. Here’s a different one. It’s a glass sealant by Griot’s Garage. Love this stuff. Good luck!

luke

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hell yeah thank you. Since tinkering around with repellant products I’ve grown to dislike my wipers completely. This should keep that ball rolling

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hell yeah thank you. Since tinkering around with repellant products I’ve grown to dislike my wipers completely. This should keep that ball rolling
No problem man. Let us know if you decide to implement that glass gel into your routine. It completely changed my outlook on cleaning windows :LOL:.

I’ve grown to dislike my wipers completely.
And this is an excellent observation lol

·
Registered
2012 CBP FG4
408 Posts
Looks like the Majestic Solutions window gel is only available on their site. $5 is a great price, but then to tack on shipping... Too bad I don't need anything else that would get me up there for free shipping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts